So good so far..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Well, I am back in Fort Myers for a while...We went to a party at Stans Idle Hour in Goodland last Sunday..What a friggan riot. Lots and lots and lots of beer. We slept for a while Sunday eve, then headed out to Key West. Got in there around 3am and stay'd till till wed afternoon. On the way down we had an opportunity to meet one of Florida's finest in a State uniform. Turns out he is originally from Newfane NY which is about 30 miles north of my hometown, what a small world. I gotta say it didn't suck down there. Our hotel was awesome and we were right at the end of Duval St. All I can say about that is my poor liver. I took a ton of pics and Ill get a link up here once i get them organized. Didn't eat anything special down there..but had some pretty good fried seafood. So Im up in Ft. Myers now and had lunch at the Cracklin Cafe just outside of Naples. I had a bowl of chicken gumbo and fried chicken..it was pretty good. Spending the weekend at the swamp buggy races in Naples. Camping all weekend at the track..should be a good time. Hope to hook up with Green hornet Monday for a little fishing.

There are some really great Flea Markets around Ft. Myers. Fun times there.

Also a good place to eat is the Rusty Pelican. Haven't been for years though.

Also there is a great breakfast palce on Sanibel - Island Cow Eatery.

Have fun!!!

john pen said:
Well, I am back in Fort Myers for a while...We went to a party at Stans Idle Hour in Goodland last Sunday..What a friggan riot. Lots and lots and lots of beer. We slept for a while Sunday eve, then headed out to Key West. Got in there around 3am and stay'd till till wed afternoon. On the way down we had an opportunity to meet one of Florida's finest in a State uniform. Turns out he is originally from Newfane NY which is about 30 miles north of my hometown, what a small world. I gotta say it didn't suck down there. Our hotel was awesome and we were right at the end of Duval St. All I can say about that is my poor liver. I took a ton of pics and Ill get a link up here once i get them organized. Didn't eat anything special down there..but had some pretty good fried seafood. So Im up in Ft. Myers now and had lunch at the Cracklin Cafe just outside of Naples. I had a bowl of chicken gumbo and fried chicken..it was pretty good. Spending the weekend at the swamp buggy races in Naples. Camping all weekend at the track..should be a good time. Hope to hook up with Green hornet Monday for a little fishing.

You didn't say where you had the opportunity to meet him. Was it along the side of the highway? :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="john pen":2evf223f]Well, I am back in Fort Myers for a while...We went to a party at Stans Idle Hour in Goodland last Sunday..What a friggan riot. Lots and lots and lots of beer. We slept for a while Sunday eve, then headed out to Key West. Got in there around 3am and stay'd till till wed afternoon. On the way down we had an opportunity to meet one of Florida's finest in a State uniform. Turns out he is originally from Newfane NY which is about 30 miles north of my hometown, what a small world. I gotta say it didn't suck down there. Our hotel was awesome and we were right at the end of Duval St. All I can say about that is my poor liver. I took a ton of pics and Ill get a link up here once i get them organized. Didn't eat anything special down there..but had some pretty good fried seafood. So Im up in Ft. Myers now and had lunch at the Cracklin Cafe just outside of Naples. I had a bowl of chicken gumbo and fried chicken..it was pretty good. Spending the weekend at the swamp buggy races in Naples. Camping all weekend at the track..should be a good time. Hope to hook up with Green hornet Monday for a little fishing.

You didn't say where you had the opportunity to meet him. Was it along the side of the highway? :LOL:[/quote:2evf223f]

As a matter of fact it was.... :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom