Snack for KNINE... Hope yer hungry buddy!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JYftXKXXgk"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JYftXKXXgk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>
YKFKNVEDLUYKLRX.20070625180109.jpg

SS you ever eat them. We do hunt them and they are good eating. We mostly fry them and make a few gumbos each year with em. Lots of people smother them dwon with rice and gravey. About the only thing I've never tried is rattle snake and is not in my plans anytime soon.

That's one pissed of critter!

Tannehill Kid said:
About the only thing I've never tried is rattle snake and is not in my plans anytime soon.

Buzzworms are Good Eating! I would definitely recommend it if you ever come across some rattle meat.

Take 1 snake and cut it up into about 2" steaks.

Marinate in some honey, teriyaki sauce, and ginger for about 4 hours. I add some hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.

Cook on the grill, medium high until done.

ETA:

Rattlesnake is REAL GOOD in chili.

Here's where we eat Rattle snakes....
rattlesnake+roundup+002+(Small).jpg

rattlesnake+roundup+039+(Small).jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JMas5d1VoGA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JMas5d1VoGA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Smokey_Joe said:
A rattlesnake is the ONLY thing a buzzard will NOT eat....

....that tells me enough right there.
I don't think buzzards eat coyotes either.... ;)

I've got 3 sizes of Havahart live traps, a big one for raccoons, a medium one for squirrels, and a little one for mouse-chipmunk-size critters. I've transported dozens of nuisance animals over the years. The hyperactive, aggressive ones -- like your squirrel -- are usually males. Females tend to be more passive. I'm not meaning to start anything, just an observation. I guess testosterone works pretty much the same wherever you find it. :roll:

--John
(Funniest time was when I captured the neighbor's roaming cat. He's kind of a nuisance too, and I considered transporting him across the Potomac, but I yielded to conscience. ;) )

Unity said:
I've got 3 sizes of Havahart live traps, a big one for raccoons, a medium one for squirrels, and a little one for mouse-chipmunk-size critters. I've transported dozens of nuisance animals over the years. The hyperactive, aggressive ones -- like your squirrel -- are usually males. Females tend to be more passive. I'm not meaning to start anything, just an observation. I guess testosterone works pretty much the same wherever you find it. :roll:

--John
(Funniest time was when I captured the neighbor's roaming cat. He's kind of a nuisance too, and I considered transporting him across the Potomac, but I yielded to conscience. ;) )

I had a racoon problem here and was using a havahart trap to dispose of them. I too caught the neighbors cat twice. The second time I spray painted an orange target on his ass and let him go free. That was the last time he ever came out to visit me! ;)

Tony M said:
That's one pissed of critter!

[quote="Tannehill Kid":3jj595ae]About the only thing I've never tried is rattle snake and is not in my plans anytime soon.

Buzzworms are Good Eating! I would definitely recommend it if you ever come across some rattle meat.

Take 1 snake and cut it up into about 2" steaks.

Marinate in some honey, teriyaki sauce, and ginger for about 4 hours. I add some hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.

Cook on the grill, medium high until done.

ETA:

Rattlesnake is REAL GOOD in chili.[/quote:3jj595ae]Ok you talked me into it. I'm easy :LOL:

I caught a ground hog in my trap and was told they will travel back. I spray painted him blaze orange and took him for a ride. I would damned sure know if that one came back.
Then I caught a skunk. No more of that crap. I now have a Conabear trap. It is instant death.....bam your history. No more rides or paint, baby.

Rag said:
I caught a ground hog in my trap and was told they will travel back. I spray painted him blaze orange and took him for a ride.
My brother the biologist said take them to a different creek drainage and they won't come back. I sprayed a spot of green paint on the raccoons' backs (what I happened to have handy) and never saw one come back. Damned things were tearing holes through the screen of the screened-in back porch. :evil:

--John

I took the squirrel about 5 miles away over 2 creeks and down a caliche road. As soon as I opened the trap, he started to run and try to get back in my pick-up truck. I took a JB switch and shewed him down the road till he ran into the brush... I hate squirrels because the eat or should I say take bites out of fruit...At least they could eat the whole thing instead ruining the whole crop..They tease my dogs too... One of them got too close and my female dog killed it and asked me to cook it medium rare... how crazy is that?

surfinsapo said:
I took the squirrel about 5 miles away over 2 creeks and down a caliche road. As soon as I opened the trap, he started to run and try to get back in my pick-up truck. I took a JB switch and shewed him down the road till he ran into the brush... I hate squirrels because the eat or should I say take bites out of fruit...At least they could eat the whole thing instead ruining the whole crop..They tease my dogs too... One of them got too close and my female dog killed it and asked me to cook it medium rare... how crazy is that?
They're kinda dumb -- can't seem to learn about streets and cars -- but they catch on to slingshots real fast. If you hit 'em but don't kill 'em the first time, good luck getting another clean shot.

--John
(The ones I trapped were in the attic. :evil: )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom