Smoking in Upstate NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Hey Chris, welcome aboard! I'm from the island and it's a little to far to travel to Albany for some "Qing". My daughter goes to school in Albany (Siena), maybe on one of the trips up or down to deliver her we can get together. Where in the Hudson Valley area is the comp. you mentioned? And when is it?
Thanks

Hey Capt, I'm so hooked, I'm coming down your way (well partly your way) to look at retirement property! Gonna be down in New Bern, NC week after next to take a look and see! From there you and me are only a few hours away :badgrin:

Nick Prochilo said:
Hey Capt, I'm so hooked, I'm coming down your way (well partly your way) to look at retirement property! Gonna be down in New Bern, NC week after next to take a look and see! From there you and me are only a few hours away :badgrin:

Nick... New Bern called... They said to tell you they were full. :eek:

Just kidding buddy. Come on down. :!:

Well, after spending all winter trying to keep my pit temp in 0 to 20 degree weather. it was a pleasure to cook in 80 degrees. All I kept thinking about was how good you southerners have it being able to have that weather all year long...12 more years and there will be another "snowbird" will be heading south !

The only way to rationalize it is "the heat doesn't hurt". Man you get that cold into your bones and it takes a day and a night to get it out of you! I do construction work, and I've come home many a time in the winter and just have to stand in the hot shower for 30 minutes with the waters heat penetrating to my bones! Sucks but what are ya gonna do! I could have been a Dr. if I wanted, I chose my own profesion, so shut up and keep laying bricks!

john pen said:
Well, after spending all winter trying to keep my pit temp in 0 to 20 degree weather. it was a pleasure to cook in 80 degrees. All I kept thinking about was how good you southerners have it being able to have that weather all year long...12 more years and there will be another "snowbird" will be heading south !

If you're heading to Fl. you better buy your property now. In 12 years it will be either be completely unaffordable or gone.

Airboss said:
If you're heading to Fl. you better buy your property now. In 12 years it will be either be completely unaffordable or gone.

My folks bought a place in Naples about 5 years ago ... It's tripled in value since then.
They are leveling million dollar homes knowing that they can get 3 mil for it. ... That says a lot.

And I'd sell this place today but I'd have to find another place to live. Unfortunately I'd like to buy in Raleigh or Saratoga and my equity won't buy me much there. It's like living on top of an oil field with no drill. Now if I wanted to live in Youngstown, Ohio....

Airboss, Raleigh is great, but just buy a little place out in the country or in a small town near Raleigh. You can live in Mayberry for a fraction of the price, and be in Raleigh in 5 or 10 minutes.

And you can be within a half hour of about 10 of the world's finest bbq joints. :D

General Discussion... As I understand it there isn't really an off topic (I could be wrong) And it's the orginal poster needs to monitor that. But hey, what do I know.

Also, Raleigh is more than 30 mins from Lexington. :!: 8-[ #-o

Captain Morgan said:
Airboss, Raleigh is great, but just buy a little place out in the country or in a small town near Raleigh. You can live in Mayberry for a fraction of the price, and be in Raleigh in 5 or 10 minutes.

And you can be within a half hour of about 10 of the world's finest bbq joints. :D

Captain,

You mean Mayberry is a real town? I thought is was fictious. Or did a town spring up and call itself Mayberry after the show became famous?

Any idea where that lake is where Andy and Opie skip stones and go fishing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom