Smoked Eggs - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2006, 08:16 AM   #1

Smoked Eggs

Well guys today I am going to attempt to smoke eggs, I got the recipe for it out of the new Anderson book about smoking and curing. The only bad thing is if I do this wrong there is a chance that the eggs could explode or implode. #-o The eggs are hard boiled and then left for one day. Brined in an 80% solution for 3 days and then left to sit one more day and finally held at 140* for 4hrs and then 195* and smoked for 6-9 hrs. I’ll keep you updated on how it’s going.

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:19 AM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark

Wow! I've seen alot of people throw eggs onto the smokers with a bit of rub on them, but have never heard of such a thing Dog! I'm really looking forward to hearing how they turn out! Good luck!

Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #3

You're not using Buford, but the small smoker in your garage? #-o LOL With the temperature requirements, I'd do it that way too. Take lots of pics ~ BIG pics!
Old 05-04-2006, 08:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
Wow! I've seen alot of people throw eggs onto the smokers with a bit of rub on them, but have never heard of such a thing Dog! I'm really looking forward to hearing how they turn out! Good luck!
If all goes well you can ask John Pen, he’s coming by tomorrow. The plan is to graze on ABT’s, smoked eggs, smoked cheese, and pickled eggs until the main course of chicken and ribs. Also plenty of adult beverages. Luckily him and his wife are coming in separate cars. I wouldn’t want to drive with him when the eggs and ABT’s are ready to come out the other end…. #-o I’ll keep you guys posted with pics.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
If all goes well you can ask John Pen, he’s coming by tomorrow. The plan is to graze on ABT’s, smoked eggs, smoked cheese, and pickled eggs until the main course of chicken and ribs. Also plenty of adult beverages. Luckily him and his wife are coming in separate cars. I wouldn’t want to drive with him when the eggs and ABT’s are ready to come out the other end…. #-o I’ll keep you guys posted with pics.
At least I'll know the cause of the Mushroom Cloud in NY that will be on the news tomorrow!
Old 05-04-2006, 08:43 AM   #6

I can see it now my next postHow to turn a WSM into a WMD WNY could become another Love Canal.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker
You're not using Buford, but the small smoker in your garage? #-o LOL With the temperature requirements, I'd do it that way too. Take lots of pics ~ BIG pics!

Yes Joker I am using the lectro smokehouse in the newly cleaned garage. [-X You will not disparage the lectro once you taste the Smoked Sausage. Besides the lectro is made out of lighter gauge metal its safer than Buford if I have shrapnel and cheaper to replace. One hour in and no eggsplosions. If not for the dynanamic dou I might have tried to use Buford The cheese I did yesterday came out good and I think I could do the same with the eggs. But if the boys keep it up I might have to check my intro post and figure out at what temp to foil...........

Old 05-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #8

Two hours in and no eggsplosions. I might have to play around with the time frame. I have to stop doing this stuff on nights I have to work…… Maybe I’ll let my wife finish the eggs up after all if they explode she can clean em up.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Two hours in and no eggsplosions. I might have to play around with the time frame. I have to stop doing this stuff on nights I have to work…… Maybe I’ll let my wife finish the eggs up after all if they explode she can clean em up.
There you go.
If I did that... I'd come home to a note that said, "Your eggs exploded"... "Get that mess cleaned up before I get back from shopping". 8-[

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finney
Quote:
There you go.
If I did that... I'd come home to a note that said, "Your eggs exploded"... "Get that mess cleaned up before I get back from shopping".
8-[

"Yes Honey, I'm on it", Finney----> uch: :getbtw: <-------Yolanda "Chrissy, I told you to get them damn eggs cleaned up boy!"