Slacker Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thanks surfinsapo for the video.

I would have never attempted bread without the breadmachine, but I made these with the KA after seeing your video. CooL!

BchrisL, that bread looks perfect... Great job.. What did you use? I love bread... :D

surfinsapo said:
BchrisL, that bread looks perfect... Great job.. What did you use? I love bread... :D

I used a basic white bread recipe out if a bread machine book, but I used whole wheat flour. To compensate I added a little extra yeast and a little extra sugar to help it rise. I also added extra GLUTEN which you can buy at the supermarket. I added all the ingredients, starting with the liquids at the bottom, at once. I let the KA beat it with the dough hook until it was a smooth ball flopping around the bowl. I then took it out and kneaded it a few strokes and returned it to the bowl covered it and placed it in the oven at about 85 degrees ( I kept the light on to keep it at that temperature.) When it had risen to what looked to me about double volume, I punched it down with my fist and cut it in two with a knife. I then formed it into two lengths and placed it on the pan you see in the oven until it rose again. I then rubbed some oil on the top and sprinkled sesame seeds on it, and popped it in the oven( 375-400) for about 25 minutes, until I could start to smell the aroma (top photo). I then waited for the right color (bottom photo) on the crust to take it out.

BchrisL said:
surfinsapo said:

I used a basic white bread recipe out if a bread machine book, but I used whole wheat flour. To compensate I added a little extra yeast and a little extra sugar to help it rise. I also added extra GLUTEN which you can buy at the supermarket. I added all the ingredients, starting with the liquids at the bottom, at once. I let the KA beat it with the dough hook until it was a smooth ball flopping around the bowl. I then took it out and kneaded it a few strokes and returned it to the bowl covered it and placed it in the oven at about 85 degrees ( I kept the light on to keep it at that temperature.) When it had risen to what looked to me about double volume, I punched it down with my fist and cut it in two with a knife. I then formed it into two lengths and placed it on the pan you see in the oven until it rose again. I then rubbed some oil on the top and sprinkled sesame seeds on it, and popped it in the oven( 375-400) for about 25 minutes, until I could start to smell the aroma (top photo). I then waited for the right color (bottom photo) on the crust to take it out.
WoW...that is awesome.. Thanks.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom