Shrimp & Pork Jamabalaya - Sapo Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I made a batch of Jambalaya for me and my wife. I think I might make this for the men at church and the fishing club someday.. This was really good.. My neighbors want me to quit my job and open a restaurant.. aint going to happen yall...Enjoy the show....:D

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3035811&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1"><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3035811&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>
Shrimp & Pork Jambalaya from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.

dsc05658631712xq0.jpg

dsc05628545833tb2.jpg

dsc05638603426wb0.jpg

dsc05678691168lo6.jpg

dsc05688737103bt1.jpg

Captain Morgan said:
Sapo, is the inside of the pot as rusty as it looks?
Nope. I seasoned that pot about 5 times before I ever used it.. the outside has a few small places of surface rust... :D

Now kindly tell us of this rice busting open thang when you get time. First I ever heard of it as far as I can recall..which as can be seen my memory aint as good as it used to be. Looks good Sapo.

bigwheel

bigwheel, maybe he means like spanish rice after you fry it before boiling it. I that rice busts at the ends.. I just followed directions from the recipe...Maybe they made a mistake writing it down or something... My buddy that is a Houma Native Indian said it was right.. Who knows..So many ways to cook these days...

ronbeaux50 said:
Your rice didn't bust open. I'd eat it anyway though.
Ron, it might also be because I used this rice.....
7142908130.jpg

ZATARAIN'S® Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice

DESCRIPTION: Use in your favorite casserole dishes, salad recipes or top with Zatarain's Gumbo. Perfect every time. Never sticky, it's always separate and fluffy.

Well yeppers that sure might be it. I always liked Rice o Roni back when I was a young skull full of mush and seems like a person need to fry that one first too. Now if some claim that Zatarains keeps itself seperated and non gooey any mo betta than Uncle Ben's..they have to show me since I got kin which lives close to Missourrii. Maybe they buy it off Uncle Ben. Who knows? Now why you listening to a native americkan injun peeples for directions on how to make cajun food? You need to check in with us Texicans who are coon asses at heart. Best old pal I ever had was named Charlie Poussan from Nederland. They got real cajuns down there ya know That is just hop n skip from Jasper if you ever heard of that place. That where Dubja drug the po mayata to his reward behind the pickup truck if you recall the NAALCP advertisements a few years back. That George Jone's part of the world. I forget the eggxact name of the town right now but he was born not far off.

bigwheel

surfinsapo said:
bigwheel, maybe he means like spanish rice after you fry it before boiling it. I that rice busts at the ends.. I just followed directions from the recipe...Maybe they made a mistake writing it down or something... My buddy that is a Houma Native Indian said it was right.. Who knows..So many ways to cook these days...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom