Shiloh Passed..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
He went the same way as he lived...a gentleman dawg. He just laid down and died after a while. Full bloodied Rotty and marked as a show dawg. Very sensitive to the pecking order. He was over 16 years old. Best dawg I ever owned and I've had a million. We all sorta boo hooing tonight. Lot of fond memories with that old dawg.

bigwheel

I am trult sorry about that. My first Border Collie lived just about the same length, took me about 20 years before I could bring myself to get another one.

I have a couple of Schanuzers. One takes heart meds. We have had them longer than we have had kids. They are a part of the family.

Very sorry for your loss BW.

BW, dogs truly do become a member of the family. I had to put my chocolate lab down two years ago, it's a very hard thing to do. I'll be thinking about ya buddy, cause I cried for days!

Read this. No no no, I'm not "soft", but a lady on the TVWBB sent me this when I put "Drake" down and it made me feel better. Maybe it'll do the same for you.

Bigwheel, I'm truly sorry for the loss of Shiloh. He sounds like a great dog. As painful as these passings are, I believe we all agree that all the great times we spent with our companions far exceeds and makes up for the pain endured through their loss. Those memories will last you the rest of your life. It sounds like Shiloh had a great life and family that cared for him.

Larry thanks for the link. It brought a tear to this old softies eyes.

Bigwheel,

I truly feel your pain my friend. We had to send our boxer Pandora to "Rainbow Bridge" last month. I still cry when I come home and she's not there.

Al

BW, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Les had a rottie years ago and he only had it a few weeks as it got parvo when they moved and he was unable to cure it. He still talks about her. They are such lovable dogs and so protective. Hugs to you!

BW
I had to put down one of my two dogs about 6 months ago. He was the younger of the two and the old man is now 16 and his time won't be far off. Always a very sad day.
Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom