She should have gotten out of the car! - Page 2 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #11
Web Celeb

Re: She should have gotten out of the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
She'll listen next time!she should have gotten out!.wmv
It seems the link has gone bad! Not working for me!

Old 06-03-2005, 01:09 PM   #12
Cooker

Me too, Greg....

Rob

Old 06-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #13
BBQ Centralite

Re: She should have gotten out of the car!

[quote=Greg Rempe]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Larry Wolfe":1h6m80lb
She'll listen next time!she should have gotten out!.wmv
It seems the link has gone bad! Not working for me![/quote:1h6m80lb]

The cops have probably destroyed the evidence! Looks like Rodney or should I say Rhonda King all over again. Can't we all just get along? :biggrin:

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

http://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

http://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 04:40 PM   #14

I for one have no problem with police using whatever force necessary to
get the job done. I loved it when that kid in Florida (or wherever) got handcuffed.

Don't want trouble? Don't cause it for yourself, and don't make it worse.
Citizens mistakes and cops mistakes can be corrected if everyone just acts calmly and let the process work.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:50 PM   #15
Official BBQ Central Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1044
Well, I can tell lot's o' you guy ain't cops. :biggrin:

But, as I always told my sons as they grew up, "The side of the road is the cop's venue, the courtroom is yours." That was even before I became one (cop, not a courtroom).

If you've never done a ride along, you don't have a clue about the side of the road.

One simple, easy to understand concept, and it doesn't matter why he says it, but when a cop says, "Step out of your car," one thing is certain, you are coming out of your car. You can do it the easy way, or you can do it the hard way. The choice is yours, initially. Make the decision while it is still up to you.

But, one point remains, you ARE coming out of your car.

What would you have the officer do? Should he reach in, at the risk of being hit, scratched, bitten, spit on, etc, pulling and fighting her, possibly causing serious injury, or taze her and piss her off, without permanent harm? Or, should the cop tell his partner, "She doesn't want to get out, I guess we should just go"?

He did the textbook lesson. I would have done the same. He will do the same in the future.

One friendly reminder to you guys, when a cop says, "Step out of your car," he is giving you excellent advice. Follow it. It's to your advantage.

Keep in mind, you are seeing a short video clip. You have no idea what may have been edited before it was posted. Neither do have know what they may have seen her do before the camera was turned on.

Some of you have rendered a verdict before all the evidence was presented. Even so, the evidence presented was not enough to convince everyone. That oughta be a clue.
AMEN AND A BIG 10-4 GOOD BUDDY!!!
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vom_Willemstad_K-9
Thanks Adrian, I rest my case! She got what she deserved, period!!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #17
Graduate of BBQ Central

[quote=Kloset BBQR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Larry Wolfe":2t88dc84
Well in the Officer's defense, we don't know the full story as to why they pulled her over or whether or not they believed she was armed. Plus, she did swing at the one who tazed her and was being combative and would not listen to his directions. Ya'll can say what you want, whether she was a woman or a man I would have done the same thing. Law Enforcement Officers get a bad rap, some deserved but mostly undeserved. Whether you're impressed or not everyone involved went home to their families ALIVE.
Well Larry, I side with the law 99.9% of the time. But she sounded like a ditzy soccer mom to me. Cops should use appropriate force to match the threat. Hate to see potentially deadly force used in a case where it isn't really called for. We had a guy here go into cardiac arrest and die when he was tazed. I too am glad everyone came home alive but think it could have been handled with less force. Officers judgment call in this case. Just surprised we haven't seen this one on the news.[/quote:2t88dc84]

How many times have you wanted to taze a ditzy soccer mom talking on her cell phone while driving??

Rubs so Good, They're better than Ketchup!

http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq
ddog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:06 AM   #18

[quote=ddog27]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloset BBQR
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Larry Wolfe":i19exrk0
Well in the Officer's defense, we don't know the full story as to why they pulled her over or whether or not they believed she was armed. Plus, she did swing at the one who tazed her and was being combative and would not listen to his directions. Ya'll can say what you want, whether she was a woman or a man I would have done the same thing. Law Enforcement Officers get a bad rap, some deserved but mostly undeserved. Whether you're impressed or not everyone involved went home to their families ALIVE.
Well Larry, I side with the law 99.9% of the time. But she sounded like a ditzy soccer mom to me. Cops should use appropriate force to match the threat. Hate to see potentially deadly force used in a case where it isn't really called for. We had a guy here go into cardiac arrest and die when he was tazed. I too am glad everyone came home alive but think it could have been handled with less force. Officers judgment call in this case. Just surprised we haven't seen this one on the news.

How many times have you wanted to taze a ditzy soccer mom talking on her cell phone while driving?? [/quote:i19exrk0]

NO they just need to be KILLED!!! That is my pet peeve, these damn idiots talking on their phones like they are sitting in their living room but driving 50MPH in the fast lane. :vent:
Old 06-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #19

I thought you were talking about me until you said "driving 50 in the fast lane". I've never done that unless tht was as fast as I could push the car in front of me. 8-[

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:34 AM   #20

I can tell you from personal experience, If you do not listen to the cops and fallow there orders and start being a wise guy, They WILL make you understand that your crap your giving them will not be tolerated.I spent a few Saturday nights in the can back in my hell raising days. (something I'm not proud of) If they have to call for back up, Sure as hell you were going to get your ass kicked! One morning I was asked "Now don't you feel stupid?" All I said was " Yes sir, Sorry for the trouble sir" One cop that was getting off duty would give me a ride home and try to explain to me that being a idiot was not a good idea. Fat chance of that happening these days! Cops are all right in my book.

Team Gruber Mister BBQ
KCBS Citified Judge 8282
Tomorrow is just your future yesterday
Pigs On The Wing BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote