Season or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
A buddy of mine gave this to me. It was pretty rusted and "weathered".
What do you guys think? I scrubbed the rust out but there's a few spots where it's pitted.
All I can picture is about 10lbs. of cornbread :shock: :D
Opinions please.

I'd be all over that Puff. Even if you try to season it and it doesn't work out you didn't loose any thing. But I'd bet that it'll season up just fine.

Tim

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff, I don't think it will work. Send it to me and I will dispose of it for you.
I agree with Nick, but send it to me C.O.D. and I'll dispose of it.
action-smiley-023.gif

--John 8)
(That way you're not out anything. ;) )

Thank for the links Cleglue.
James I'll have to check with him. I'm going to do a light sanding and see what happens.
This thing is huge, 20 in. across & 3 in. deep :shock:
Thanks for the info guys!

I found a frying pan in the water (salt water) at the edge of Rudee Inlet in Va. Beach back in the 70's, which was a lot rustier than yours. I sanded it to remove as much rust as possible, reseasoned it, and gave it to my mother. Some 30 years later, when I visit my parents I still get to enjoy homemade biscuits cooked in that salvaged frying pan. Yours should be fine.

Well.....uh........it's "in" the oven.
I'm having a little fittage in da' oven problem. Hopefully it still works.
I'm going to do 2 coats like the link Cleglue posted.

Puff, if that doesn't quite do it, use some Harley-Davidson High Performance Chain Lube Plus -- it cleans, lubricates, and protects from rust and corrosion. :P

--John 8)

Unity said:
Puff, if that doesn't quite do it, use some Harley-Davidson High Performance Chain Lube Plus -- it cleans, lubricates, and protects from rust and corrosion. :P

--John 8)
:shock: That's what I was using :shock:

;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom