Searching for the Best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack W.

Sous Chef
In most of my spare time when I'm not working or making Q involves searching for what may be considered the best stuff. For example chili dogs, cheeseburgers, margharitas, etc...

I had a fortunate experience yesterday that I thought I would share. I was traveling down Hwy 17N out of Mt. Pleasant, SC. At the intersection of Hwy 17 and SC 41 there is a little joint called Jack's Cosmic Dogs. (No affiliation). I stoped in years ago and got a chili dog. The ambiance of the place is classic but the chili dog wasn't anything special so I wasn't in a hurry to return. Mary wanted a hot dog so we stopped in. We ordered Cosmic Dogs. A hot dog finished on a flat top and dressed with home made sweet potato mustard and blue cheese slaw. I have never had a better slaw dog to date. I'll continue the search, but it will be hard to beat.

Thought I'd pass along some good stuff.

Ususal dissclaimers.

Good Q!

Jack

Captain Morgan said:
oh, and by the way, while it's not on the hot dog page, Holly did visit the same place and got the same dog!

http://www.hollyeats.com/JacksCosmicDogs.htm

It looks like she got the chili dog. I am an adventurous kind of guy and I figured that if it was named after the place chances are it was probably pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for the page. I got more places to try. She hit it on the nose at Your Place for cheesburgers.

Good Stuff!

Jack

That Cosmic dog is the best.
You were just minutes from me Jack. :eek:
Actually hours... I was in NC.
Have you had the Black and Blue burger at Moes Crosstown (down town Chucktown)(northof the croostown)? Tuesday night, they're 1/2 price. :!:

Finnburger has invited half of the Carolina's to meet him there on Tuesdays. By the way Holly is a guy.

Finfrugal, you and Jack should meet there one night.....like on ...oh I don't know.....Tuesday!

Chris Finney said:
That Cosmic dog is the best.
You were just minutes from me Jack. :eek:
Actually hours... I was in NC.
Have you had the Black and Blue burger at Moes Crosstown (down town Chucktown)(northof the croostown)? Tuesday night, they're 1/2 price. :!:

I have been to Moe's Crosstown but have not had the Black and Blue. 1/2 price is mighty tempting.

Good Burgers!

Jack

You come along to Cappie. We'll make it a threesome. :)

Oh get you mind out of the gutters boys. #-o

Jack, another good place for a burger is Madra Rua, my favorite Charleston Irish pub. They're never on special.

Also, the new Bodaious Burgers (downtown).

If you ever get to Anchorage, try out Tommy's Burger Stop. Like a lot of great spots it seats about eight. But you have to call in by 10am to get take for lunch time. Fax 'em an order and they call you with the pick up time. Plus, on request they do extra crispy fries. Now all I need is a good hot dog spot.

Griff

Chris Finney said:
You come along to Cappie. We'll make it a threesome. :)

Oh get you mind out of the gutters boys. #-o

Jack, another good place for a burger is Madra Rua, my favorite Charleston Irish pub. They're never on special.

Also, the new Bodaious Burgers (downtown).

Been to the Bodaious, IMHO dosen't measure up, lengthy menu though.

Come on to Chas. Cappy, M.B. is a great place to visit, I spent a year there one month opening up the Olive Garden on Kings Hwy. We never did find a true to life local food joint. Plenty of "entertainment" though! :)

Cooking the contest in Columbia this weekend. Y'all wanna eat some good Q show up at the Fairgrounds on Saturday. Bring caffine and beer.

Good Q!

Jack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom