Scrapple......it's what's for breakfast!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Yeah yeah, I know what's in it but I love it!

More pics at The Wolfe Pit.

img_204216_0_08670fd1cd91230c76e5b02d3503a3aa.jpg
img_204216_1_af186e89fe2e4d0b433f6ba5ab95ab05.jpg

I never heard of scrapple before, but think I need to try some. Breakfast looks delicious! Love fried taters!

I bought some from a small butcher shop in Lancaster yesterday. It had the layer of fat on one side that say's it is the old time type, not the high meal, lean stuff now in super markets.
We are going to fry some up for brunch today. I'm jacked.
The butcher is an Angus cutter. other guys say the flavor is great. Got a chuck on the WSM right now.

Larry, you're breakfasts are awesome.

Now I know you've had livermush...very few people have had
that and scrapple (which I've never had).

How do they compare?

Captain Morgan said:
Larry, you're breakfasts are awesome.

Now I know you've had livermush...very few people have had
that and scrapple (which I've never had).

How do they compare?

Totally different texture, but familiar flavor. Scrapple has corn meal in it vs. liver mush.

Scrapple makes great egg sammys. Egg, amer cheese (melted), scrapple, thin slice onion, s&p and ketchup on toast.
I had breakfast at a dinner on friday that served my a slice of scrapple the looked like a real thick slice of bread. Huge! I swear it was deep fried instead of grilled. I belched fire an hour later for a long time. :shock:

Scrapple, YUM! Nice plate there Larry. Val won't go near the stuff. But I love it. Had some in the shopping cart one time got home, I asked Val "where is the Scrapple?" She laughed and told me she put it back when I wasn't looking. :roll:

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Scrapple, YUM! Nice plate there Larry. Val won't go near the stuff. But I love it. Had some in the shopping cart one time got home, I asked Val "where is the Scrapple?" She laughed and told me she put it back when I wasn't looking. :roll:

Pigs

Another time Chris gets abused! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom