Score-Another Old Sign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Workin up in an old attic, house was built in the late 1800's. Was checkin fer problems an found this:
img_205447_0_fc10c342e8a5034738be7a1d0815edb0.jpg

img_205447_1_b8b1c064b407d88c90d35ff643a6e93a.jpg

It was nailed down, face down (which really helped protect it), so it's amazin the condition it's in! Sure this is an original sign. Gonna do some research an see what I can find out about it.

It's goin out in the shop an hang with my other signs. Love old stuff like this.

Great score Hillbilly. That thang prob worth a tub o money. For the Monkey I think that Meloite must be the name brand. It apparently a drugstore type milk shake mixing gizmo hand cranked cuz that be back afore Alfgore invented electricity the internet etc. Simple huh?

bigwheel

It's a cream seperator, back before folks bought everthin at the store. Ya can still find some round here, usually with flours planted in em or they wan't a fortune fer somthin most folks don't ever use lessin ya got access to raw cows milk. Then try ta get them youngins ta stand there an turn it!

I'm gettin prices that range from several hundred ta upta $5000 dollars! Boy, five grand................hmmmm.........naw it'll hang in the shop with the others.

Scotty, thanks fer the offer, but I hardly ever buy my signs, I find em er do some barterin fer em. Ya be surprised what some smoked food will get ya!

Well that must have been a rich person's toy. Back in the good old days the po folks just allowed the milk and cream to separate itself. In fact spent most of my time shaking it up to try and make it quit separating long enough to get a slug of it. I must be misssing something here.

bigwheel

Big farmers had em an lots a the country stores. Remember the old hand crank butter churns, rich folk had them, otherwise most folk had the one with the stick on it! Oh what fun! Was mighty fine butter though, better then the stuff in the store.

Dont guess I ever had no butter direct from a farm wife churn :cry: Betcha your right on it being mighty tasty. Now I did see some old widder lady using one once upon a time..but do not recall being invited to partake. Dang old stingy widder ladies :LOL:

bigwheel

Grandma didn't beleive in buyin much at the store. She canned an made everthin she could on the farm. I've had experience with it, an thats why I buy it at the store! :D

An yup, ya can't pry nothin outa them ol widows!

Hillbilly That's a great find on the ole signage!
Looks like its in pristine condition too!

8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom