Saturday night dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
Or you have to like liver to appreciate this. My hunting and fishing buddy (Unity, I'm talking about Charlie) dropped by this afternoon and gave some fresh caribou liver. This is one of my personal all time favorite foods. This is the piece of liver as my wife started slicing it.

A couple more butchering shots.

Frying up the onions.

The caribou liver after the first flip. It's frying in bacon fat.

The onions dumped on top of the liver.

Unfortunately the plated shot was out of focus. The side dish is Mom's wilted leaf lettuce with bacon. That's bacon strips on the liver and onions.

If you are a fan of liver, there is nothing finer than fresh (JB, fresh out of the animal) caribou liver.

I havent had a decent liver and onions in years. That looks outstanding.

Everything is better with bacon!

Liver and onions is one of my favorite dishes as well! I don't eat it very often cause of the flack I get from home! Great meal Griff.

Larry Wolfe said:
Liver and onions is one of my favorite dishes as well! I don't eat it very often cause of the flack I get from home! Great meal Griff.

I've never really had the chance to partake in this adventure. What kind of flack do you get Larry? Is it no good for you or others don't like it?

I'm with you. Looks good. Beef liver and oions is one of my favorite. Don't ask me why but I love carrott and raisin salad with it too.

l5dq1.jpg

Now that looks good. I like L&O too, but I'm the only one in my household who does. Once in a rare while I'll order it somewhere, but it's never as good as I hoped.

--John
(I think I know that skillet.)

Man that looks good and it's a real hunk of liver. I love liver and onions but usually have to go to a restaurant to get them as the wife doesn't want them cooked in the house. Tried grilling some a couple of weeks ago and liked them that way. Grilled the onions as well but they would have been better sauted.

I have to say that I HATE liver. :?

However, on my next trip to Alaska, I hope that Griff will fix me some because it looks pretty good. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom