Santa Showed Up Early!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well arent you just a smarty pants to get all those nice smoking pellets. The Sassafras smells just like root beer for some reason. Jack Daniels is my favorite. Candy Weaver is my girlfriend...yeah thats the ticket.

bigwheel said:
Well arent you just a smarty pants to get all those nice smoking pellets. The Sassafras smells just like root beer for some reason. Jack Daniels is my favorite. Candy Weaver is my girlfriend...yeah thats the ticket.
I'm getting ready to do a Tri Tip Wednesday night for my bride's birthday so on your recommendation I'll use the JD pellets rather than my usual red oak.

You're Welcome Buzz... Larry sent me some of those a while back and I love em... Just toss a handfull on the coals when you are grilling for great smoke flavors. or use foil packs with some holes

Rut row..do not vary your routine based on the nutty stuff I say. Like Coach Uncle Darryl Royal was fond of saying.."We will dance with who brung us." Use the Oak. You may not like the JD pellets then you be mad and start stalking me etc. :)

Now you're a "Pellet Head" huh?

That's a good gift from Sandy Claws. Use them wisely. I.ve got some apple and cherry that I use frequently. I just add them to the charcoal chute mixed with the charcoal, or added to the ash pan. The cherry is about as strong as cherry wood, and can be pretty strong flavored if a lot is used. It does add a fantastic color.

BOB

bigwheel said:
Rut row..do not vary your routine based on the nutty stuff I say. Like Coach Uncle Darryl Royal was fond of saying.."We will dance with who brung us." Use the Oak. You may not like the JD pellets then you be mad and start stalking me etc. :)
A wise man Jeff, the Tri Tip was good but defiantly different than the red oak, think I'll stick with the red oak on this cut in the future. It was a much stronger smoke flavor, I even got a little smoke ring. I really did like the convenience and smoke with such a small amount of BBQ R's Delight, I'll be using them on ribs, butts and other cuts. I'm glad Gary put me wise to this product. I think the JD was maybe to strong a smoke for the Tri Tip. I won't be stalking you Jeff, but will be listening a little closer to you in the future .... A wise man and during the holiday season too :D

3.gif
3.gif

That last picture looks extremely edible. I mean, I keep looking at it, and can't read your text to see if you're stalking the BIGWheel or not. Durn! I still can't take my eyes off of that sliced Tri-Tip. Did you use the pellets? I'm drooling all over my keyboard.
1.gif
1.gif

Merry Christmas

BOB

Now got to agree with Bob from Floriddy..that certainly do look good despite the naggin over various pellet flavors:) Now up until a few years back I never even heard of tri trip let alone try to cook one. I seen one at Costco one time if that counts. They was very proud of it so naturally a person tend to just stroll on past. Hang on I am hearing strange noises scratching on my windows. Is that you Buzz? lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom