Saadam Sentenced To Death By Hanging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a few fun facts for the I hate America crowd:

1. Oil Prices are not controlled by the government. They are controlled by economic forces such as supply and demand which is now determined on a worldwide rather than national basis and more recently futures trading based on speculators. The main reason gas prices are down is due to a much milder than expected hurricane season where shortages were expected that never happened.
2. Yes gas prices will go up again and they will come down again because of point #1.
3. The Bush admininistration never proclaimed Mission Accomplished as you Bush haters would like others to believe. That was a banner from the U.S. Abraham Lincoln in which the troops were heading home because their mission was accomplished. To the contrary after September 11th Bush said that this would be a long fight that would test the nations resolve. He was right and the same forces in this country that led to America's only defeat in Vietnam are bound and determined to see America lose this one too.
4. The Clinton Administration also had a no bid contract for eight years with Haliburton. Why, because there are no other firms that do what they do.
5. Cheney receives no money from any increase in Haliburton stock. All of his holdings in Haliburton are managed by a trust with the proceeds going to charity when the stock is sold. Cheney's tax return is a matter of public record.
6. The government policy on regime change in Iraq was put in place by the Clinton administration and not the Bush Administration.
7. You can not claim I support the troops but not their mission. To do so is to spit in the face of every American serviceman and woman.
8. The American media leans far to the left and reports only the bad news in Iraq and ignores the good such as the liberation of 50 million people in Afghanistan and Iraq, the establishment of two new governments run and elected by the people of Afghanistan and Iraq backed by a constitution that the people wrote.
9. Yes it is tragic that 3,000 brave American troops have lost their lives in this war. War is hell and it is about killing the enemy. As George S. Patton said the purpose of war is not to die for your country but to make the other dumb son of a bitch die for his. Despite what you hear in the media, this war has been one of the most efficient wars in the history of modern warfare as far as troop casualties are concerned. The moral and reenlistment rates of our troops are at an all time high. We are fighting the enemy at a time and place of our choice and not theirs and despite the efforts of the Democrats in trying to take away tools needed to fight the enemy we are prevailing. Remember we didn't start this war, it was brought to our shores.
10. Remember September 11, 2001. Put politics aside. These Islamic extremists are energised by the devisiveness they see portrayed by our media.

Exercise your right to vote this Tuesday.

Kloset, I love how you and the rest of the people that spew the republican "talk points" say that anyone that doesn't agree with what is going on hates America. That is total BULL SHIT. Maybe we would like to see it back to it's former (and rightful) place as the greatest country in the world.

If Greg hasn't locked this by the time I come home from work I'll elaberate on some of the points that you brought up. Right now I have to go to work.

Just a note: I used to be a Republican. I voted for Reagan. Your Republican party is no longer the party of Reagan. I vote independant of party lines but find myself getting further away from the elephant

Klost??

Sorry Klost Man.

You are probably right. But, I'll bet my LAST dollar we leave that country and it goes it's own way like we had never been there.

I sorta remember 50,000 of my brothers who never left VN and look what we got for that. Still got a bad taste in my mouth over that one.

Bring the troops home, line our borders with them and keep people out of this country that do not belong here.

I do not have a soapbox. I have dead friends and family that are still in Iraq.

If CNN had be around during WWII, Image the headlines... "6,000 Marines died to day on Okinawa"... "U.S. fire bombs Dreslin killing thousands of innocent Germans"...

As a Commissioned Officer I know that in any conflict that causalties will happen. An interesting factoid not mentioned very often in the media is that we lost more men on D-Day during WW2 that we have in both Gulf wars combined. Pretty damn impressive stat if you ask me.

Why aren't folks looking at the big picture? Cause it won't fit into a 30 second sound bite or fit on a bumber sticker.

These cut&runners can't see the forest for trees,

Cut and run?

I would never cut and run on a people that WANTED our help.

They did not ask us to come there.

9/11???? They all came from Saudi Arabia, NOT IRAQ.

But the last surveys of the Iraqi people indicated that 70% of them wanted us to leave NOW and over 60% of them thought our presence was causing MORE trouble.

Can't force Democracy down the throats of a people that don't want us there or that will even fight for their own Democracy.

Brian J wrote:
who said anything about "cut and run"

Howard Dean, Chairman of the DNC
George Sorros,
John Kerry
1/2 the population of Boulder
Jack Murtha (in my book an Ex Marine)
The Reverend Sharpton
Alan Combs
Moveon.org
just to name a few.

I'm done until this goes to the blue room :D

Bruce B?????

Amen!!!!!!
Now, how about some QQQQQQQ Talkin'.

I smoked the BEST Baby Backs I have ever had yesterday. Like BUTTA!!!! My wife ate more than I did and she doesn't even like BBQ.
So, after 39 years of marriage, I guess I am going to keep her.

Have a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!!

Smoke On!!!!!!!

Re: Bruce B?????

kickassbbq said:
Amen!!!!!!
Now, how about some QQQQQQQ Talkin'.

I smoked the BEST Baby Backs I have ever had yesterday. Like BUTTA!!!! My wife ate more than I did and she doesn't even like BBQ.
So, after 39 years of marriage, I guess I am going to keep her.

Have a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!!

Smoke On!!!!!!!
Did you do anything different to the BB....or was it a day u were in the zone?

BB

The Witt Man,
I know that you are supposed to be consistant with smokin' meat, trying to perfect the right recipe.
I am not very consistant.

I use any mixture of rubs, spices, heat, wood, time and brain power (I don't have much of that).

I was in the yard working, started the fire with briquettes (I rarely use them) Olive Oil on the ribs, spinkled on some rub I found in the cabinet, cranked the heat to 300-325 and throwed em' on.

Covered them with foil at about 2 hours, left them for an hour in the foil, uncovered them and cranked the heat to 350.

Peeked at the bones an hour later and they were a stickin' out about 1/2 inch.

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! man they were good.
I love to smoke that meat!!!!!!!!! Come on over and you can show me how you do it.
Smoke On!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom