Royal Oak lump $3.27 per 10 lb bag @ Wal-Mart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LowRent

Senior Cook
Though I'm sitting over 80 lbs of lump in inventory right now, I just couldn't pass up buying a few more bags today. I was in Wal-Mart this morning when I noticed: a) that Wal-Mart again stocks lump other than Kingsford; b) Royal Oak lump was only $3.27 per 10 pound bag. So, I bought a couple even though I probably won't need 'em for another month or two or three.

However, when I got to the register they rang up at $5.27 per bag. They did a price check. I got the $3.27 price, but they were going to make a new price tag. Now, they noted that's rare because the tags were said to be generated by a system. So, most likely, other stores will have the same situation. If I were you, I'd go check my Wal-Mart and get a couple cart fulls if it says $3.27. As always, YMMV.

At $3.27/10 lb that's actually about $2 less per 40 pounds than I can buy my 40 lb bags of Nature Glow from the restaurant wholesale place.

Various Wal-Marts will stock this, while others won't. There are about 3 Wal-Marts equidistant from my home. I have no idea if either of the other two will have RO lump in stock. Last year in the early season they had B&B lump which I also liked. However, it wasn't stocked for long.

Cliff H. said:
I buy whatever is in a busted bag for 1/2 price at Lowe's. Haven't paid full price in a while now.
Bags just magically get busted huh Cliff? ;)

Lump

If you have a Restaurant Depot, www.restaurantdepot.com they sell 20 lb. bags of Royal Oak Lump for 7.99, 6.99 in the summer.
The last I bought from another store was 14.99!!!!!!
I just joined the Restaurant Depot yesterday and they have got some AWESOME prices on meat, too.
1.09 lb. on Packer Brisket!!!!!
I feel giddy like a little girly man.
Smoke On!!!!!!

Cliff H. said:
Puff said:
[quote="Cliff H.":1kmlmkvl]I buy whatever is in a busted bag for 1/2 price at Lowe's. Haven't paid full price in a while now.
Bags just magically get busted huh Cliff? ;)

[smilie=a_hrm.gif] :idea:[/quote:1kmlmkvl]
:LOL: ;)

Re: Lump

kickassbbq said:
If you have a Restaurant Depot, www.restaurantdepot.com they sell 20 lb. bags of Royal Oak Lump for 7.99, 6.99 in the summer.
The last I bought from another store was 14.99!!!!!!
I just joined the Restaurant Depot yesterday and they have got some AWESOME prices on meat, too.
1.09 lb. on Packer Brisket!!!!!
I feel giddy like a little girly man.
Smoke On!!!!!!
We don't have a Restaurant Depot, but there's a local place called Chef Smart http://www.ifhchefsmart.com/ that sells food and restaurant supplies to the general public. They charge $7.99 for the 20-lb. bag of Nature Glo lump (made by Royal Oak), which I think is a pretty good price.

I don't go into Wal-Mart because it never fails if I park at one end of the building I gotta walk across the freakin store just to get what I'm lookin for, plus parking is a pain and I just don't like the world order that wal-mart is.........it's Target for me!

Try parking in the auto center parking area (if they got one of course). Always plenty of room to park and they usually got a checker. You bees in an out like a flasher..er I mean in a flash.

bigwheel

I always swore off Wal-Mart but I've been wanting to get some of this Royal Oak Lump. All I've been able to get is RO briquettes from Lowe's. Anyway, they just built a new Wal-Mart out by my house so Sat. night, in the ice and sleet, I decided to head out because there wouldn't be anyone around.

Look around the charcoal area, nothing, head back to the garden center, not a soul around but what do my eyes behold? A pallet of Royal Oak Lump. I was a kid in a candy store, got a cart and filled it with 10 bags.

Not the $3+ charge but the normal $5.27 around here, it didn't matter. Now the only thing next was to sneak it into the garage amongst my other 8 bags of RO briquettes before the wife finds out.

I will say that RO is a hotter, less ash, longer burning coal than Kingsford and as long as I can get the RO I will always been a user of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom