Rolling Stone rips Smithfield Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just can't fathom the whole slew that jumped in to try to save each other... what in their head made them think they were any different then the ones that tried in the years past an instantly died trying too?

The WHOLE article is just pure baffling that such can happen in the USA in this day and age..... just goes to show how things are kept quiet forso long....until they slip out publicly.... or until the government is ready to release it. Someone somewhere has received HUGE kickback from all the years this place has been allowed to operate.

At what price is it worth becoming rich?

I know when I first wake up in the morning "The Rolling Stone" is the paper of record I turn to for information on world events. They are quoted nightly by the major new sources based on their past record of accuracy and balanced reporting.

Yep, that NY Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, can't hold a candle to that Rolling Stone paper.

Oh yeah, that reminds me I have to renew my subscription now.

Not saying the story is or isn't true, but let's not treat it like it's the Word of God carved in stone either. [smilie=pope.gif]

Truth is probably somewhere between the enviro-hysteria of the article, and the so called economic tyranny, portrayed in the article... I 've been to Tar Heel, NC, the town mentioned in the article.. on two occasions.. less then 2 miles from the plant...never smelled a thing, and didn't need a gas mask, as the article assumed to need to live there, and drank the water... I didnt pass out , vomit, or any other of the ailments mentioned . Typical Rolling Stone, avant-gadre, cutting edge, I'm gunna save the world, who stole my rolling papers, type of article.....Oh. and the population numbers in the lead paragraph are way off.. like most articles of this nature, the writer uses numbers to immediately get a readers attention to fortify his stance ... he should have payed more attention in math class.....and, stayed in rehab... :shock:

I agree with some fore mentioned opinions.

There's a lot of "scare tactic" reporting here to quantify a liberals agenda!

Tim

which is why I only read the front page...just a few paragraphs and I could see it wasn't objective journalism.

Not that it isn't a problem. I was born in eastern NC in a county that regularly produces more pork annually than all but one or two other counties in the nation. I have been familiar with the hog waste debate for a long time, and it's driven apart some age old friends whose families have farmed for centuries.

Bruce B said:
I know when I first wake up in the morning "The Rolling Stone" is the paper of record I turn to for information on world events. They are quoted nightly by the major new sources based on their past record of accuracy and balanced reporting.

Yep, that NY Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, can't hold a candle to that Rolling Stone paper.

Oh yeah, that reminds me I have to renew my subscription now.

Not saying the story is or isn't true, but let's not treat it like it's the Word of God carved in stone either. [smilie=pope.gif]

Couldn't agree more with your sentiments.

Back
Top Bottom