Ribs for supper or maybe dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Well I have been working hard to get the ribs ready for tomorrow which will be D-day on this deal. I got em St. Lousized...slathered in Frenchies regular old Jello mustart..and covered copiously with Harleys Sweet Rib Rub (that's whut all the big boys and girls use ya know?) Went over to the General Store and picked up a jug of Texas Rib Rangers Spicy Sauce and got about half a jar of Texas Peppa Jelly Hab/Pineapple to add as needed for a glaze. Thanks Texana. Picked up bamboo skrewers to use to make them into circles. Snagged that tidbit off the Virtual Weber site no thanks to all the dead beats on here who dont know how to form ribs into a circle..sheesh. I am taking documentary photos of this operation..or at least the 11 year old grandaughter is taking a few. They are thus far in the early stage or the operation and still in the camera..so hopefully she will know how to move them to the compooter by chow time. I will post them at the link below. There is a few pics already on there if anybody is bored and want to go looky just to practice up on looking at the real thang when the time is right. :oops:

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/uncleshiloh/

bigwheel

Great pics, even though it seems Santa might have gotten himself into a bit of trouble getting the cuffs slapped on him.
That Harley's Rib Rub is some good stuff. Been using it ever since a guy from Tehas told me about it. Can't seem to remeber his name at the moment.

What are those photo's of? And to tell me you need advise on how to roll ribs? Man, I've been doing mine like that since the first time I had to clean a rib rack! :LOL:

PS edit. The pics are one of Fred and Fredericka. Old cooking chum (Santa aka Jim Gentry from Colleywood). Steve and Susan Chupp from Argyle. The threesome cooking chili is Tim Adams..me and T Shirt Dave. All the action shots was from chili cookoffs.

Well apparently I aint too proficient at that rib rolling stuff. Mine look like big blobs of imbred and tangled up pork bones even though they got two sckrewers per rack. I shoulda listened to the fella who said cut them in half. I have figgered out why I dont cook bbq very often. It just too much work and trouble. Think next time my smoke tooth starts kickin I will just go buy some already cooked.

bigwheel

Well I had a long winded up date for ya but forgot to hit send and lost it in cyberspace. The ribs are horrible. Dont neva try ribs in a electrified water smoker. Got em sweltering in the hot box as we speak but doubt they gonna be fit to eat.

bigwheel

For the best ribs might I suggest smoking them bone up the whole time, no flipping. It's ok to scoot'em around a bit but don't spill the juices. It make a swim cap that stay in the concaves.

A real smart feller from Ft. Worth told me about it just a few years ago. :D

Hey Cliff..actually after I give up on that rolling nonsense and cut half in two and follwed that good advice (or at least half of it:) them ribs come out edible after all. Warden took some over to the neighbor lady..best she ever had of course. Wasn't near as shabby as I had anticipated. Guess I have to get over my pestermism and quit being a pest one of these days :shock:

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom