Rib Class on the weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adrienne1

Senior Cook
Had a great time yesterday, helping to instruct a rib class, with Team Cedar Grilling, the current and three time running Canadian Champion BBQ Team! We were at TA Appliance in Kitchener Ontario. I think Diva Q did something at the same location with Traeger a month or so ago.

We had a big group of eager and excited students. An all around great time was had by all.

These Cedar Grilling guys put on a super class, and even toss in lunch to tide us over while we waited for the ribs to finish! A real class act!

Top shelf all the way - even if the weather brought back strong and not so pleasant memories of the weather which seems to follow competitions around . . . . :D

Have a look at the photos (provided I did this correctly, that is :oops: )

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u179 ... =slideshow

Looks like a great time. Could hardly recognize Adrienne. She said she lost 85 lbs...looks great. You go girl. How many people were there for the class?

She looks fantastic for sure. Great pictures!!!! What terrific looking ribs just mouthwatering goodness!

Uncle Bubba said:
Looks like a great time. Could hardly recognize Adrienne. She said she lost 85 lbs...looks great. You go girl. How many people were there for the class?

:oops: Thanks Kevin. You're the bestest! Weight loss was my winter 'hobby'. It was a concentrated effort by a true carnivore, but well worth the time!

We had between fifty and sixty, I'd say. Maybe a few more. It was a great time from start to finish . . . with the exception of the hurricane style type weather, that is. Although, that did make the experience closer to feeling like a competition, except that it was windy enough that I didn't come home smelling like smoke for a change . . . :LOL:

Got a few pencilled in dates for caters over the summer from it, as well. Always nice to come away with future opportunities from a class to help others!

john pen said:
Looks like a good time... any tips to share ?

tips to share . . .

pack a light waterproof jacket, just in case
wear water proof foot gear, again, just in case
take a list of tips and tricks to give to students for their use at home
take a few favorite rub and sauce recipes to share with the students
remember business cards to offer to those looking for a caterer
go to the class hungry, as lunch served is truly some top shelf bbq
be prepared to have a GREAT time :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom