Rib Boilers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
I realized that there are things as BBQ guys that we think is funny and joke around about that other people do not understand. I learned this the hard way this weekend at the swap meet. I had a guy come in to my booth and I was talking to him about D-dog’s BBQ rubs and how to use a rub. He started asking me about how to make good ribs. I was explaining the 3-2-1 method of smoking ribs and he asked me very seriously, “So when do you boil your ribs?” Now with us BBQ people that would be a funny joke and I started to laugh after he said it. He looked real annoyed at me and asked me what was so funny. I tried to explain why that was funny but he did not like that because he was a rib boiler. So I lost a sale. But I learned a good lesson, rib boilers are very sensitive!! :D :D :D

Luckily us bbq folk are much less sensitive! :shock: I wouldn't have sold him any rub...it would have washed off in the boil! :LOL: :LOL:

By the way, I am going to recap the difference between bbq and grilling on my internet show this week...a host of another show said how he was going to be "barbecuing a steak" this weekend!! :shock: :shock:

YIKES!

Last year at the Thanksgiving table, a guest began to describe to me the best ribs she had ever eaten. When she said the word " BOIL" something strange happend.

I could see her mouth moving but I could not hear a thing. :roll:

Kind of like the crock pot pork sandwiches they sell down the road from me. Also a smoke ring on a pork butt, some blue hair will yell "raw pork! were all going to get sick and die!" They just don't understand. :roll:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Kind of like the crock pot pork sandwiches they sell down the road from me. Also a smoke ring on a pork butt, some blue hair will yell "raw pork! were all going to get sick and die!" They just don't understand. :roll:

Or worse, crock pot briskit :shock:

I had a guest at a friend 4th O July party ask if my briskit was raw cause of the smoke ring. I told him it was rare on the outside & if you didn't like rare meat don't eat none 8)

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":a3a4jhks]Kind of like the crock pot pork sandwiches they sell down the road from me. Also a smoke ring on a pork butt, some blue hair will yell "raw pork! were all going to get sick and die!" They just don't understand. :roll:

Or worse, crock pot briskit :shock:

I had a guest at a friend 4th O July party ask if my briskit was raw cause of the smoke ring. I told him it was rare on the outside & if you didn't like rare meat don't eat none 8)[/quote:a3a4jhks]

yeah... rare on the outside and well done in the middle...let em ponder that for a while in their narrow minds

I had the same question not long ago from a friend we had for dinner about a pork loin that was smoked.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom