Requesting a Recipe - Please help if possible..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
what I am looking for is a authentic cajun "dirty rice" recipe.. I asked Jb so far.. Please post them in a code box so I can print them out....

I really appreciate any help......

thanks,

SS :D

(A Creole dish)
6 cup chicken stock (homemade or canned)
2 lb chicken gizzards
2 lb chicken livers
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne, or to taste
3 tsp bacon drippings
2 medium yellow onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 x green onions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Heat chicken stock in a 12-qt. pot and add gizzards and livers along with salt, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne. Cover and lightly boil for 30 minutes.

In the meantime chop all the vegetables. Heat a large frying pan, add oil or bacon drippings and saute onion, garlic, green pepper and celery. Remove from pan.

Remove livers and gizzards from the stock, reserving stock. Cool them for a moment and coarsely grind in meat grinder or food processor. Add gizzards and livers, to the vegetables. Place all in a large pot and add 1/2 c. reserved chicken stock. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Meanwhile, using 4 c. of reserved stock, cook the rice. Add cooked rice to completed vegetables and giblets; gently stir in green onions and parsley. Taste for salt and pepper and serve.

Thank you so much Larry... That is what I was looking for....Can't get anymore
creole than that!!!

Time to get everything and make a video too...

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

SurfinSapo!!!
smiley_emoticons_xmas4_blog-messias2.gif

Ok SS
Im glad to see that JB uses my niece website www.realcajunrecipes.com but if you want a recipe with the chicken gizzards and livers take it from a true cajun. Use the first recipe on page 129 in the Talk About Good cook book. We leave out the pork liver replace it with ground pork. The oyster are optional we dont use them.

Recovering

Buffarilo

Buffarilo said:
Ok SS
Im glad to see that JB uses my niece website www.realcajunrecipes.com but if you want a recipe with the chicken gizzards and livers take it from a true cajun. Use the first recipe on page 129 in the Talk About Good cook book. We leave out the pork liver replace it with ground pork. The oyster are optional we dont use them.

Recovering

Buffarilo
thanks Bro!!!
I hope you get well soon!!!
thanks JB and Larry and Kenneth....I'm going to make a combination of different recipes...
They will eat it..

SS

Back
Top Bottom