Red Beans Cooked Today for Tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Today I cooked some red beans for tomorrow evening. I used my pressure cooker that I got as a Christmas gift for the first time. Not having really used a pressure cooker before I wasn't 100% sure exactly how to do it but with alittle help from forum members I was able to do what I'd call a pretty damn good job with it.
I started off by browning the smoked sausage and andouille and then adding the chopped seasonings and finally the beans and water(actually I guessed on the amount of water it needed). Bring it up to a boil, put on the lid and lock it down and wait until it locks itself down tight from steam. After cooking twenty minutes and letting it cool down to release stem I checked them and thought it needed about ten more minutes. Lock the lid on bring it back up to seam/pressure and ten minutes later they were done. after stirring them with a wisk for a minute or two they were perfect. I have to say using the pressure cooker cut the cooker time down tremendously and they're really good. I'd say the first time use was a total success.
img_255590_0_f954f0a7f1c954fc57fa3dffd5085cac.jpg

img_255590_1_84397512eb59a2bec5c74c45067349dd.jpg

img_255590_2_a009744cca4a575ca0dede5b1da7fa5e.jpg

img_255590_3_7ea4e8b612d67089f70bbb7f337a0850.jpg

They tasted really good and I know after sitting until tomorrow evening they will be even better.

On a cold snowy day in Ohio that really looks great T! If I thought I could cook like you I would pull my pressure cooker out of the cupboard and dust it off ;)

All you have to do is try it. You might start something up there. :)

Now this pressure cooker interest got me excited here. My Mama say anybody who cooked beans in one of them things was crazy..needed to be hung with a used rope etc. Now I do know some comp bean types who favor them as pertains to Pintos but usually as it applies to time contraints..not necessary any improvement in quality. Do the Red Kidneys have such a tough shell they need pressure cooking maybe? Know they nearly always seem to have a tough hull. Somebody get us edumacated here. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom