Recycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puff said:
Unity said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1r227jej]We've been doing paper and plastics/cans for years here. Every other week they take either the paper or the plastics/cans. I do believe that every now and then they just take the whole load to the incinerator and burn it all.
What makes you think that?
People have seen the trucks with the newspapers at the incinerator!
Sometimes the market isn't there for the recycle materials, and it may be too costly to stockpile the stuff until the market comes back.

--John
Kind of defeats the whole purpose. Pretty sad.[/quote:1r227jej]

That's what I said. But we still do our part each week.

Pa said to recycle to save space in our land fills. Staten Island, NY closed their land fills. Convoy of tractor trailers hauling trash, around the clock, are on all the interstates coming out of NYC to PA.
If the Pa suits are so worried about our land fills, why the hell are we importing the stuff.
I guess when Pa fills up we will ship to Ohio.

[/url]

Rag said:
Pa said to recycle to save space in our land fills. Staten Island, NY closed their land fills. Convoy of tractor trailers hauling trash, around the clock, are on all the interstates coming out of NYC to PA.
If the Pa suits are so worried about our land fills, why the hell are we importing the stuff.
I guess when Pa fills up we will ship to Ohio.

[/url]
Now that's good damn point!!
There is a steady stream of Canadian garbage haulers dumping their trash here. It's been going on for years!
Canada has millions and millions of acres of land and they have to dump here. I wonder which politician is lining there fat greedy pockets with this?? :x

Back
Top Bottom