recent business trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I had some work on the east coast and was able to slip in some dining experiences. My wife came with me which makes a work trip a whole lot better. We got a couple of lunches in some Carolina BBQ joints. The Palmetto Pig had the best hush puppies I've ever had. Also, the first time I ever had cracklins.

And then one night in NYC on the way home and we worked in a steak house. It was a spendy night.

Griff how did you like the Lexington style BBQ and sauce??

How was Peter Luger's porterhouse compared to one you cook at home?? I have seen the storage facility where they age their meat and it's amazing how much beef they have on hand and how long it's aged. Is it worth the hype or is the steak you cook at home as good??

Great pic's!!!

Nice real nice...Nick wanted to know about the phone call..he said he would have treated a Pets Luger.... :LOL:

sure hope someone told you Luger's was cash only before you went.

:shock:

and I'm somewhat offended you were that close to me and didn't visit.

Cracklins is good stuff huh? They can be added to cornbread batter too...

Cracklin cornbread MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lexington BBQ is only 18.5 road miles from my house. "If I'd a known you was comin', I'd a baked a cake." Seriously, I would have bought your dinner. :mrgreen:

Then again, the Brooklyn location of Peter Luger is only 3.9 miles from my son's house, and he's never taken me there. :(

I wasn't sure I was going to have any time to spare, except for the night in NYC on the way home. Had I know some things were going to fall off, I would have let folks know -- even the Cap'n. I think it's his turn to buy drinks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom