Reaching "Greg" status

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Got mine today! I cant wait to season it. Not sure how cause it wont fit in the oven and I cant get my WSMs over 275* cause of altitude. Any ideas? I'm not sure if I try to season it on my kettle if it will screw it up cause the fire is so close? Stoked for sure. I'll post more pics after dark thirty shows up with a beer tonight. 1/2 grate and 1/2 griddle. Flank steaks, onions and peppers ought to be in order for tomorrow. Thank you to Greg who let me know about Brian. $100 bucks includes the shipping? I think its a "grate" deal.

img_224436_0_94500dfc5c73070c9ef0ef7676dbd9c3.jpg

At least he will probly show us the backwards logo seared in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg Rempe said:
DB, I seasoned mine on the kettle...nice thin layer of coals on the bottom and it did the trick nicely!

Seasoned mine w/ out the sand pan in the 22 wsm. then when it shot up to MAX i put some coals in my kettle to finish it off.

Pigs: I hear you man. But, I didn't think $100 clams including shipping was a bad deal for a custom piece.

bbqquzz: That is definately on the menu! My buddy told me I am now officially in charge of bacon N eggs at the RMBBQA events as he is charge of the cheesey gritz . Oh damn does he make some good gritz.

Nick: That could be the "new" reverse sear!

Shores: That shouldn't be very long. Hopefully tonight!

Thannks everyone.

DB, Pigs doesn't realize that buying the grates that Larry sells is right around the same price...or more depending on the extras...let him live in his new found life of bliss! LOL!!

Greg Rempe said:
DB, Pigs doesn't realize that buying the grates that Larry sells is right around the same price...or more depending on the extras...let him live in his new found life of bliss! LOL!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

in all fairness Pigs. I once heard a comedian say sumthin similar to this - " I feel sorry for the people who live sober cause that's as happy as life gets". My hats off to you in all honesty. I couldn't do it. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom