Ray Lempe`s Road Trip book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WalterSC

Head Chef
Well folks during mine and Niki`s anniversery weekend at the beach we went to Books A Million to get the new Harry Potter book , low and behold right beside it was Ray`s new book, yall know I picked that up and bought it.

While it is well written and has some good bbq ideas and great stories ,
however it has one BIG problem as I am concerned. He dang near covers the US in BBQ except for one state , yep good ole South Carolina dont even get a chapter just one or two lines that to me is insulting , I am being serious here what the heck is it about this state getting ignored as far as BBQ goes?? I admit these other states got some fine Q joints , but by god so do we , what do we have to do to get on the books , drag em here by the neck and make em eat it.

Ray as of this date I am inviting you to SC come stay at our house I will personally take the time off to take you to each and every BBQ place this state has to offer , hell I will even pay for the lunches if thats what it takes !!!! I await your answer.

For your information that are alot more sauces done here than just mustard . And a ton more ways to make BBQ as well , we have the best BBQ in the world as far as I am concerned , there are those that learned what they do from what was passed down from generation to generation , to be honest I almost took the book back for a refund after reading it because of that, but I kept it , anyway!!!

Ray is a good guy. Looking forward to getting this book.

His book was the first BBQ book I ever owned and there isn't a recipe in it that I did not try. Helped me out a lot.

The Canadian BBQ contingent was also lucky to have him for a few years as the head judge too.

I wish him all the best with his new book.

Walter
Don't be insulted, he covered geographical areas and visited many BBQ joints as posible on the trip. Visiting every state was not in the cards.

Jim

Walter, you and the Captain ought to team up and write the definitive book on South Carolina BBQ. No one better to write it then those that live and breath S.C. barbecue everyday. I bet it'd be a good book! Make sure you add some history and talk about the Q joints too. Good luck to you!

Kloset BBQR said:
Walter, you and the Captain ought to team up and write the definitive book on South Carolina BBQ. No one better to write it then those that live and breath S.C. barbecue everyday. I bet it'd be a good book! Make sure you add some history and talk about the Q joints too. Good luck to you!

Thats a thought it could be done !!!

jminion said:
Walter
Don't be insulted, he covered geographical areas and visited many BBQ joints as posible on the trip. Visiting every state was not in the cards.

Jim

Just got me that on the map and book he hit Georiga , Tenn , and NC . I am a defender of SC BBQ and always will be . I mean ya cant do those states and miss SC , I may have reacted strongly but thats the way I am. If I owe a oppoligy I will give it. My offer to him still stands on going to BBQ places. I know all BBQ is good BBQ but I was born and raised in SC and will always say we have the best BBQ in the world and the best cookers anywere in the world !!!!

Burnt Food Dude said:
Try going to his web site and emailing him. He's a great guy and answers all his emails personally.

I agree, the book is good and well written.

Walter, maybe we should get together nex summer and take a BBQ road trip and write about S Carolina only! Hint: a good vinagar sauce will get me hooked everytime!

I am always up for a bbq road trip , next summer would give us time to plan !!!

Back
Top Bottom