Rattler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a family of skunks that live a few doors down the street from me. They love whole hog scraps. Been feeding them for a while now. Only reason is the house is a dump and the guy wont clean it up. One big one knows me, I walk around it. The little ones aren't quite sure yet. They are funny to watch when there about the size of a kitten. It's chow time tonight. I'll try to take some pics. Now watch me get blasted when the flash goes off. #-o :grin:

To each his own.
It is also illegal to kill UK fans. I dont get that law. :razz:
Go Cards.

DaleP said:
To each his own.
It is also illegal to kill UK fans. I dont get that law. :razz:
Go Cards.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I have a buddy that leaves near Bardstown Road and he feels the same way, Dale!!

Paymaster said:
I kill several types of ceatures that I don't eat. Flys, roaches and poisonous snakes. All are pests as far as I am concerned. Especially where we live. There are too many rattlers and a lot of kids that play all over the woods around. I would never kill a non-poisonous snake. But this rattler was coming out of an old widow woman's driveway into the road. Bad choice for him.

Well there are bear that live aound here too. So just because they are capable of killing people as you say the snake is, should I go kill it with my truck? You know "just in case"???? People are capable of killing one another too, so maybe the next time I'm in a 4,000 pound vehicle I will run some innocent person over. When the cops ask me why I will just tell him, "well they were capable of killing someone and I didn't want to take a chance". I'm no snake expert, but I do know snakes will avoid encounters with humans as will humans with snakes. Rattlers especially will only strike if snuck up onto or cornered.

Greg, black snakes are not poisonous, I was just trying to make a point that I do not like any kind of snake and I wouldn't kill them just because I don't like them.

Paymaster said:
Larry, I respect ypur opinion and all your points are valid. However, I remain unchanged. I will continue to kill flies, mosquitos,rats and Rattlers.
I'm with you on killing the skeeters and the flies, as long as you eat them!! :eek: Just find a good recipe to cook the snakes after you kill 'em!! I've never tried them but I hear they are good eats!

I shouldn't say anything because I've never tasted rattle snake, but I was wondering when the "it tastes just like chicken" comment was going to surface. Thanks Tex.

Griff

I think if you poll 10 people in that neighborhood about running over the snake on purpose you might have 1-2 that think it was a crime...the other 80-90 percent will doll out high fives... :idea:

Larry Wolfe said:
Paymaster said:
I kill several types of ceatures that I don't eat. Flys, roaches and poisonous snakes. All are pests as far as I am concerned. Especially where we live. There are too many rattlers and a lot of kids that play all over the woods around. I would never kill a non-poisonous snake. But this rattler was coming out of an old widow woman's driveway into the road. Bad choice for him.

Well there are bear that live aound here too. So just because they are capable of killing people as you say the snake is, should I go kill it with my truck? You know "just in case"???? People are capable of killing one another too, so maybe the next time I'm in a 4,000 pound vehicle I will run some innocent person over. When the cops ask me why I will just tell him, "well they were capable of killing someone and I didn't want to take a chance". I'm no snake expert, but I do know snakes will avoid encounters with humans as will humans with snakes. Rattlers especially will only strike if snuck up onto or cornered.

Greg, black snakes are not poisonous, I was just trying to make a point that I do not like any kind of snake and I wouldn't kill them just because I don't like them.

Dude! Go for it! I've got your back! Kill em all!

My neighbor just came out of his house lighting a cigarette with his favorite zippo. I took him out with a 300 grain sabot from my Knight 50 caliber inline blackpowder rifle using 100 grains of pyrodex. When the cops come, I'll tell them I thought he was gonna burn my house down so I was protecting myself as well as the neighbors. :eek:

Smokehouse said:
Larry Wolfe said:
...... I'm with you on killing the skeeters and the flies, as long as you eat them!! :eek: ...!

Larry, I too belive in killing if you are going to eat 'em; however, when it comes to spiders, snakes, and general infestations, I will kill and not eat. (don't find roaches very appetizing.)

SH

You ever see the movie Papillon with the late great Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman. They ate roaches!!! :eek:

Smokehouse said:
Larry

Do you do your roaches low and slow? :!:

What's your attitude toward termites?

SH

They are best brined and then foiled. Termite wings Buffalo style are great! You just gotta cook alot of them!

A plane could crash into the school too, but I think the chances of that happening is about the same as the snake going to the school and actually biting someone. But like you said who knows, anything is possible! :)

Paymaster said:
Aw Smokehouse, you jest jelous of my nice smoker. Finished off the rest of my brisket tonite. Be smoke'n me a Rattler before long. I'll invite you and Larry over for a bite. :D

I can't wait, I've never tried it! But I'll try anything once.

Paymaster said:
=D> Larry we obviously don't agree on some things. But you are pretty cool in my book.

Now that Smokehouse dude, I don't know about him. :grin:

That's what makes life fun! "We can agree to disagree" (G. Gordon Liddy)

Back
Top Bottom