Range Day - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

Range Day

Well, as an auxillary police officer, one of my duties is to teach a civilian firearms safety course. I keep my auxillary status to keep my firearms instructor up. I love shooting. Especially someone elses amo .

I only had two students this class so I suggested that my oldes (Eye Q) take the class and come out and shoot with us today. She strapped on my 38 taurus and we stared the course.

First time ever shooting a handgun she shot an 86%. When she shot my Ruger 40 she shot an 96%. I think the girls takes after her ole man .

I told her to take the target and hand it up in her dorm and no one will ever bother her again .

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3674/platezi0.png
Bill The Grill Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
Wizard of Que

Never cared much for the Taurus. The Ruger is a good one though. I like revolvers most and when I shot the Ruger GP100, when it first came out in the late 80's I was very impressed with its quality and feel. I have been carrying a S&W model 19 since 1987. Nice to involve the family in it. My daughter and wifey hate them and wouldn't even consider shooting one.

Old 09-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #3

I got a Glock and a Walther, but I prefer my revolvers, Ruger and S&W.

Griff

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #4

I am madly in love with my Sig .40. Mighty sweet little dumpling. Like the way the targets is political correct these days. They used to be black on white..now they white on black. Go figger. Now if I was coming up agin a grizzle or a crack crazed eskimoe lady brandishing a walrus harpoon..believe I rather have a .44 Magnesium.

bigwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
I got a Glock and a Walther, but I prefer my revolvers, Ruger and S&W.

Griff
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #5

note to self....stop flirting with EyeQ.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:33 PM   #6

Both revolvers are .44 mag. My buddy, John, turned me on to Garrett 310 grain bullets. I've looked at Smith's new .50 pistol but haven't gotten permission to buy one (yet).

Griff

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Old 09-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #7

.50 sounds just like whut the doctor should order for your part o the world. Now I would not want to be holding it when it went off of course Less it was some kind dire circumstance..then it prob feel purty good.

bigwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
Both revolvers are .44 mag. My buddy, John, turned me on to Garrett 310 grain bullets. I've looked at Smith's new .50 pistol but haven't gotten permission to buy one (yet).

Griff
Old 09-30-2006, 06:12 PM   #8

Well I hate to be braggin about my pistolero skills of course..cuz I takes a lot of pride in my humility..but recall vividly the worst whuppin I ever got as a kid was when my daddy sent me out with two smooth rocks and I only come back with one squirrel for supper. Po white trash kids got whupped with wet cotton ropes back in them days ya know? Heard about rich kids who got whupped with razor straps but we never could afford one of them thangs. Then when it get to bleeding good they put methiolate on the wounds. Whew it wasnt pleasant. Sorta give a person an incentive to hit the target so to speak. Using a pistol sorta seems like cheating. Now dont even get me started on rifles. Hitting stuff with them things is easy peasy.

bigwheel
Old 09-30-2006, 06:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
note to self....stop flirting with EyeQ.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #10

I can't hit squat with a pistol but I figure anything I'm gonna want to shoot with a pistol is going to be 20 feet, or closer, be it someone who does not belong in my home, or a snarling, tooth snapping bear. Of course, if I get to choose what firearm is in my hand when Mr. Griz thinks he's at the top of the food chain, I'd want my short barreled Remington 870 12 ga. pump or my Winchester .375 H and H bolt action rifle. You've got me started on a discussion that never ends in Alaska--the best firearm to stop an angry bear. My hunting rifle, Ol' Dropper, is a 30.06 pre-64 Winchester Model 70, finest action ever made.

Griff

George Orwell