Range Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Well, as an auxillary police officer, one of my duties is to teach a civilian firearms safety course. I keep my auxillary status to keep my firearms instructor up. I love shooting. Especially someone elses amo :LOL: .

I only had two students this class so I suggested that my oldes (Eye Q) take the class and come out and shoot with us today. She strapped on my 38 taurus and we stared the course.

First time ever shooting a handgun she shot an 86%. When she shot my Ruger 40 she shot an 96%. I think the girls takes after her ole man :LOL: .

I told her to take the target and hand it up in her dorm and no one will ever bother her again ;) .

Never cared much for the Taurus. The Ruger is a good one though. I like revolvers most and when I shot the Ruger GP100, when it first came out in the late 80's I was very impressed with its quality and feel. I have been carrying a S&W model 19 since 1987. Nice to involve the family in it. My daughter and wifey hate them and wouldn't even consider shooting one.

I am madly in love with my Sig .40. Mighty sweet little dumpling. Like the way the targets is political correct these days. They used to be black on white..now they white on black. Go figger. Now if I was coming up agin a grizzle or a crack crazed eskimoe lady brandishing a walrus harpoon..believe I rather have a .44 Magnesium.

bigwheel

Griff said:
I got a Glock and a Walther, but I prefer my revolvers, Ruger and S&W.

Griff

Both revolvers are .44 mag. My buddy, John, turned me on to Garrett 310 grain bullets. I've looked at Smith's new .50 pistol but haven't gotten permission to buy one (yet).

Griff

.50 sounds just like whut the doctor should order for your part o the world. Now I would not want to be holding it when it went off of course:) Less it was some kind dire circumstance..then it prob feel purty good.

bigwheel

Griff said:
Both revolvers are .44 mag. My buddy, John, turned me on to Garrett 310 grain bullets. I've looked at Smith's new .50 pistol but haven't gotten permission to buy one (yet).

Griff

Well I hate to be braggin about my pistolero skills of course..cuz I takes a lot of pride in my humility..but recall vividly the worst whuppin I ever got as a kid was when my daddy sent me out with two smooth rocks and I only come back with one squirrel for supper. Po white trash kids got whupped with wet cotton ropes back in them days ya know? Heard about rich kids who got whupped with razor straps but we never could afford one of them thangs. Then when it get to bleeding good they put methiolate on the wounds. Whew it wasnt pleasant. Sorta give a person an incentive to hit the target so to speak. Using a pistol sorta seems like cheating. Now dont even get me started on rifles. Hitting stuff with them things is easy peasy.

bigwheel

I can't hit squat with a pistol but I figure anything I'm gonna want to shoot with a pistol is going to be 20 feet, or closer, be it someone who does not belong in my home, or a snarling, tooth snapping bear. Of course, if I get to choose what firearm is in my hand when Mr. Griz thinks he's at the top of the food chain, I'd want my short barreled Remington 870 12 ga. pump or my Winchester .375 H and H bolt action rifle. You've got me started on a discussion that never ends in Alaska--the best firearm to stop an angry bear. My hunting rifle, Ol' Dropper, is a 30.06 pre-64 Winchester Model 70, finest action ever made.

Griff

I don't own any large cal firearms but I like to hunt birds and I do own a Bersa .380 semi auto for home protection. I inherited my Grandfathers Military issue 30 cal carbine. I swear that the noise that little rifle makes would probably give a bear a heart attack. :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":dg02682b]note to self....stop flirting with EyeQ.

She didn't learn to shoot like that because of you, she read some of Finneys posts here![/quote:dg02682b]
[smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif]

Yeppers..got you a classic there with that model 70. Cant help but think the old 870 with slugs be just the ticket for a riled up Yogi. Ya know back when I was just a young whuppersnapper used to read a lot of outdoorsy books..Field and Stream etc. Anyway they had a story in there about the biggest Kodiak Bear which had ever been killed in Alaska up till that time. Was supposedly slayed by an Indian lady using a single shot .22. You ever hear that story?

bigwheel

Griff said:
I can't hit squat with a pistol but I figure anything I'm gonna want to shoot with a pistol is going to be 20 feet, or closer, be it someone who does not belong in my home, or a snarling, tooth snapping bear. Of course, if I get to choose what firearm is in my hand when Mr. Griz thinks he's at the top of the food chain, I'd want my short barreled Remington 870 12 ga. pump or my Winchester .375 H and H bolt action rifle. You've got me started on a discussion that never ends in Alaska--the best firearm to stop an angry bear. My hunting rifle, Ol' Dropper, is a 30.06 pre-64 Winchester Model 70, finest action ever made.

Griff

Carry the Glock 40 at work and have fallen in love with it. Bought one for myself ! I hunt with a Ruger 44mag with a Tasco Pro Point..

Quite a few Glocks in service around here too. Not sure why we wound up with Sigs. Musta been low bid or sumthin:)

bigwheel

john pen said:
Carry the Glock 40 at work and have fallen in love with it. Bought one for myself ! I hunt with a Ruger 44mag with a Tasco Pro Point..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom