Ramblings of Madmen (from firebox maintenance)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Uncle Bubba said:
My Klose Ultimate is 30x8 on the main. I usually start with a chimney full of either lump or briquettes to sped up a bed of coals. On top of that I'll throw 3-4 quarter sticks facing the baffle and open everything wide with exhaust about 2/3 open. After about an hour or so, I check and adjust the dampers. After it's running for a while, 1 preheated stick about every 1:05 seems to work. This can be longer or shorter depending upon air temp, wind, barometric pressure, and humidiy...all factors in combustion.
and how fast a sleep you are at a comp :LOL:
Bubba was snoring so bad at Franklin one year it sounded like a bunch of Harleys

Pfffffft! First several times I did an overnite on my pit, I had both of these homos snoring. Once, we had Bruce there too! :roll:

Hello GIRLS,,one other helpful bit is to season your wood in whatever size she's grown,,then after she's seasoned cut into bite size pieces a day or 2 b4 your cook and let airate on the lawn,if ya ain't got a lawn then your neighbors roof through your attic window.,,D.Klose mentioned that on his site years ago and i figured he's always right and he was.

Wooddull,,when the f you gonna break down and spend the $4 and sharpen that axe!?,you'v been at that tree for 5 years already!,,pretend it's tequilla and one go!.

Well I am sure glad to learn of that lawn aerating trick..did not know about that one. Thanks for sharing. Remember this: Your buddy takes you to the nurse..the nurse takes you to medic who patches you up and takes you back to the boat? You ever hear that ditty or a reasonable facimile thereof?

bigwheel

Lawn aerating or roof aerating is pretty much the same,just the roofin is sooner due to the closeness, Bigwheel,this is the only time you ever made me not in compliance with your thoughts,,basically i mean that i always was prolly the only person or 6 that understood you,hey!thanks for the reminder!,,,i have to be up northerly way as i'm guiding muskie and you just reminded me.My bet is you'll make sense about noon tomorrow when i'm pulling out 3 oughts out of the japs who need a fly sperience.

John, take a look at the time he posted? By 12:30, he's been pretty well into the Ezra Brooks (Bourbon!) That is the way I sounded last Friday night at Q-festivus!

bigwheel said:
Well I am sure glad to learn of that lawn aerating trick..did not know about that one. Thanks for sharing. Remember this: Your buddy takes you to the nurse..the nurse takes you to medic who patches you up and takes you back to the boat? You ever hear that ditty or a reasonable facimile thereof?

bigwheel

Uhhhh...Nurse Medic Corpsman ;)

Yeppers Uncle Bubba...believe thats it. You the only one to solve the mystery. Your budddy takes you to the nurse..the nurse takes you to the medic who patches you up..the corpsman takes you back to the boat. Thanks:) Now as regarding the time I didnt get off work till 11 PM and been outta Ezra for a month. I got to make a trip. Thanks for the reminder.

bigwheel

It just a simple test to see who has been talking to Dave Klose late at night:) Hey we got Muskies down here..cept we call em needle nose gar. Maybe you get a gig down here one day. I show you how to catch em.

bigwheel

BBQmmm said:
Lawn aerating or roof aerating is pretty much the same,just the roofin is sooner due to the closeness, Bigwheel,this is the only time you ever made me not in compliance with your thoughts,,basically i mean that i always was prolly the only person or 6 that understood you,hey!thanks for the reminder!,,,i have to be up northerly way as i'm guiding muskie and you just reminded me.My bet is you'll make sense about noon tomorrow when i'm pulling out 3 oughts out of the japs who need a fly sperience.

Woodman said:
John, take a look at the time he posted? By 12:30, he's been pretty well into the Ezra Brooks (Bourbon!) That is the way I sounded last Friday night at Q-festivus!

:LOL: I'll bet i was more ezrad than Bigwheel when i posted.

bigwheel said:
It just a simple test to see who has been talking to Dave Klose late at night:) Hey we got Muskies down here..cept we call em needle nose gar. Maybe you get a gig down here one day. I show you how to catch em.

bigwheel

We have gar pike which is probably the same as your needle nose gar,and there no where near a muskie,woman catch those on a harness with livebait,the ss wire wraps around the teeth and they haul them out,didn't we go thru this once already?
Nobody talks with D.Klose at night,,all night makes more sense,hey that could be the test,someone says they talked at night with D.klose and you know he's fullofit. :D

Well that is some brilliant logic you speaking of there. Now I am cornfused on the Pike. Who wears the harness the wimmen or the fish? Why do either one of them need a harness? Thanks.

bigwheel

Dang I aint heard from him since before his board went down. Got one email which showed all the damage from Ike but thats it. Hope he aint in jail in S. Americka or something like that.

bigwheel

Uncle Bubba said:
I'm due to check in with him. Haven't talked to him in about 2 months.

Nurse, Medic, Corpsman!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom