Question for youse guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Saw Paula make a hash brown thing today. I've gotta couple of chuck eye steaks for the kettle tonight, and them taters look good.

So I bought some red potatos, vidalia onion and and green pepper.
Just miked the taters a bit to "par-microwave" em a bit. Now I'd like to
finish on the grill, perhaps with some sauteed onion/pepper.

Ideas?

I'd try to work some more "progressive rock" into my show if I were you. Some Dream Theatre, Porcupine Tree, Spock's Beard, Glass Hammer, Nightwish, would do wonders to perk up those blue hair's universe.......(did ya ever notice how there is no plural for the word universe? I never did before, but I guess there is only one?) Woody

foiled potatoe packs on the grill are very popular in this house

put sliced potates in foil packs with onion & butter, seal it up, can double up on the foil if desired

place on grill, low to medium heat, flip every 10 - 15 minutes ... depending on potatoes and temp takes 30 - 60 minutes to cook

I've put veggies in like bell pepper, BBQ sauce, many different seasonings .... go nuts

With so many different tastes in the house I just do them with onion and butter and let people dress as they like ... I like the S Cream, B Bits & chive treatment myself

Jeff E said:
Woodman said:
I'd try to work some more "progressive rock" into my show if I were you. Some Dream Theatre, Porcupine Tree, Spock's Beard, Glass Hammer, Nightwish, would do wonders to perk up those blue hair's universe.......(did ya ever notice how there is no plural for the word universe? I never did before, but I guess there is only one?) Woody

Woody! I think you're my long lost brother!
I love all of those bands. The new Porcupine Tree CD (Deadwing) has been in my player a lot lately. It rocks!
I would start the senior citizens out on Spock's Beard & work their way to Dream Theater. I think they'll like it if they just give it some time. :D

This'll be getting bumped soon, but I saw Dream Theater three times last year. Once as a solo and twice as an opener for yes. Have you ever heard Lex Rex by Glass Hammer?

Back
Top Bottom