Question for ya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I have already PM'd or IM'd a few of you folks about this question so let me ask the rest of you.

I would like to copy all the recipies (or the ones that I can) that everyone (who gives me permission to do) has posted here and make a cookbook.

I am not looking at making any money from this or am I looking to take any credit for YOUR recipies. I am only trying to preserve the great recipies that have been posted here. I can even include a picture of the finished dish in there too.

I have a program that I have been using and it works great. I can print out the recipies and they look great. When I copy a recipie I enter the name of the person who posted it in the Author area.

I was thinking about naming it after the site. "The BBQ Central Cookbook" and making it available to any member who wants a copy of it. I am NOT talking about removing any recipies from this site, only copying the recipie. Someone mentioned that this was done on another site and then the recipie posts were deleted. I have NO intention on doing that.

If this is okay with you and you have posted recipies, please respond back to this post and let me know if its okay to use your recipes. Thanks in advance.

PS: You can also just send them to me via email or PM and I can put them in the program too.

I think it would be best if you contacted some lawyers or copywriters and see if this is something that is allowed by law first...then go from there.

I don't need to be sued again... :shock:

Greg Rempe said:
I think it would be best if you contacted some lawyers or copywriters and see if this is something that is allowed by law first...then go from there.

I don't need to be sued again... :shock:

I talked to a lawyer already. He suggested getting permission from the people who posts the recipies here. And no, I dont want you to get in any more trouble. This is all on me.

Your welcome to use anything I have posted. Now some of it aint original but I always try to give credit to the source if I can figger out who come up with it first or at least who I got it from. I dont think recipes are able to be copy righted. Shouldnt be no problemos with it.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Your welcome to use anything I have posted. Now some of it aint original but I always try to give credit to the source if I can figger out who come up with it first or at least who I got it from. I dont think recipes are able to be copy righted. Shouldnt be no problemos with it.

bigwheel

Thanks BW. You have some great ones.

I also try to give credit for any recipes I post that aren't original. Feel free to use any of mine. That's why I posted them on a site like this. If someone doesn't want their info used, then they should never post it in a place like this where it becomes public domain.

Nick Prochilo said:
I have no problems either. Like Bigwheel, I've always give credit where credit is due!

Why don't you just call it the Captain Morgan Cookbook?

seriously, not that i know, but I heard recipes are free, cooking techniques can be "privatized"

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":ahnwpm5y]I have no problems either. Like Bigwheel, I've always give credit where credit is due!

Why don't you just call it the Captain Morgan Cookbook?

seriously, not that i know, but I heard recipes are free, cooking techniques can be "privatized"[/quote:ahnwpm5y]

Published cooking techniques....if he is using recipes from BBQ Central with the posters permission, there's no problem.

Thanks folks. By the way, this is the best format for my program.

From Diva Q.

SPAGHETTI ALLA CARBONARA

1 (1 lb.) pkg. spaghetti
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. milk
1/2-1lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp. dried whole basil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 onion finely minced

Cook bacon and crumble. Set aside. Cook onion and garlic till lightly brown in bacon grease set aside & drain.

Cook spaghetti till drain set aside

Combine eggs and cheese, stirring well. Warm milk in a heavy saucepan. Stir in bacon, drained onion, parsley, basil and garlic.

Pour over spaghetti add some pasta water if too dry
Season with salt and pepper and more cheese if wanted.

Pics to follow soon.

you can get one of those companies that do church
cookbooks for a fee....if you took advance orders, it
might be enough to make it profitable, then
you could send me the money you make.

ScottyDaQ said:
So will it be a online thing? or hard copy?

It will most likely be hard copy. I havent figured out the printing part yet. So far I have taken all of my recipies that I use in Competitons and put it in the program and printed them out. Looks real nice. It has neutrision values and shopping lists too. Maybe you can figure out a way of making it available on line?

Captain Morgan said:
you can get one of those companies that do church
cookbooks for a fee....if you took advance orders, it
might be enough to make it profitable, then
you could send me the money you make.

AH, no.

Back
Top Bottom