Question for ya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bill The Grill Guy said:
ScottyDaQ said:
So will it be a online thing? or hard copy?

It will most likely be hard copy. I havent figured out the printing part yet. So far I have taken all of my recipies that I use in Competitons and put it in the program and printed them out. Looks real nice. It has neutrision values and shopping lists too. Maybe you can figure out a way of making it available on line?

Download this...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

It's open source and free. I've used it for years. It creates a virtual printer that takes any document and turns it into a Adobe PDF file. Simply open your "program", Print, choose PDF Creator, Print, choose the Save location, and then you gotz yerself a PDF.

Well, I just posted a copyrighted one, so if you don't tell I won't. :) Seriously, you can't copyright a list of ingrediants, only the directions or story behind them (if there is one). So, turn a few words around and bingo. Now, I blantly copy/pasted, but gave credit so there. But the rest of the recipe is all me, so have at it...

I'd be interested in how you proceed with your cookbook project as we are testing some chili and salsa ideas for our own cookbook. What recipe software are you using? Is it available for purchase on the Internet?

Thanks.

WildFireEric said:
Well, I just posted a copyrighted one, so if you don't tell I won't. :) Seriously, you can't copyright a list of ingrediants, only the directions or story behind them (if there is one). So, turn a few words around and bingo. Now, I blantly copy/pasted, but gave credit so there. But the rest of the recipe is all me, so have at it...

I'd be interested in how you proceed with your cookbook project as we are testing some chili and salsa ideas for our own cookbook. What recipe software are you using? Is it available for purchase on the Internet?

Thanks.

Yep, here ya go.

http://www.amazon.com/MasterCook-Deluxe ... B000E7QQ0C

WalterSC said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
I have already PM'd or IM'd a few of you folks about this question so let me ask the rest of you.

You have my permission to do so , do we copies of the book when they come out???

Well, now that Scotty has turned me onto this PDF program I will be able to make it available online for you to print out. :LOL:

Bill The Grill Guy said:
WildFireEric said:

Thanks.

Yep, here ya go.

http://www.amazon.com/MasterCook-Deluxe ... B000E7QQ0C

Thank you much. I'll hit up the family librarian / recipe freak to see if she has this already (and get it if we don't). Thanks Bill.

I want a 1st addition with an autograph on the hardcopy version so I can set it on the coffee table. Thanks. I dont like to do no steenken downloading.

bigwheel

go for it dude.. you got my vote... if you are seriously worried about legal issues.. put some disclaimer on it... and remember.. anything posted on the web is public anyway.. so I wouldnt think it would be a problem

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom