pulled pork for DIY bike mechanics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cliff H. said:
Looks like everyone had a good time. The Q looked great.

Did you notice anything different about the taste without resting the butts for a couple of hours ?
I usually rest butts in foil for about an hour, as much to let them cool down for handling as for any other reason. In this case I had the two smaller butts up to temp and out of the cooker by about midnight. They got to rest for a full hour. The third, largest butt finally got up to temp and came off at 1 a.m. It rested about a half hour while I pulled the other two, then it got pulled in turn. This last one, the one that went 16 hours, was a little drier down through the smoke ring, but it was plenty moist inside. I kept track of which was which after they were packed, and I compared before serving. There was no noticeable difference; taste, texture, and moistness were fine (the one that was a little drier on the outside evened out nicely). I was happy with the results. A little tired though. After lunch was over I gathered my implements and came home and took a nap. ;)

--John 8)

Green Hornet said:
Rag said:
Strange looking bikes. :twisted: :LOL:
Not to me!

[smilie=a_bravo.gif]
action-smiley-065.gif
happy088.gif

My wife and I like our BMWs, but I don't care what anybody else chooses to ride -- it's great that we've got choices. Riders are riders, and we're all in it together, which is why we wave to each other on the roads (except for the clowns who think there's some kind of sociopolitical barrier if you don't ride what they ride). :)

--John 8)

Back
Top Bottom