Programming You would want to hear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
It looks like I have worked the majority of the bugs out of the radio software...so I will be looking to launch the radio here shortly "For Real".

That being said, I would like to work in some live shows aside from the replay of the podcasts.

WHAT WEEKLY TYPE SHOW WOULD YOU GUYS LIKE TO SEE DEVELOPED???

I need your input to attract listeners and have shows people in the BBQ community would like to hear. I am still going to do some pop culture shows once a week to keep it fresh...but what else would you like to see put in the development box!!??

Thanks! :D

New Products reviewed.....contest results...recapped...maybe an interview with the winners....and you need to have Bubba talking about his new pit...

wittdog said:
New Products reviewed.....contest results...recapped...maybe an interview with the winners....and you need to have Bubba talking about his new pit...

I was already developing some kind of BBQ contest recap show...now that I have another interested vote I will work on it harder and try to get it on ASAP!

Rachel Ray on BBQ.. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Groooovy, its scrumdilliupmtious! Ask her why she thought Hot Sauce Williams BBQ was worthy of being named one of the best barbecue places in the country on her last BBQ show. :shock:

How about getting Mike Davis on your show? or having Bruce talking about getting the Great Lakes Barbecue Society up and running?

Kloset BBQR said:
How about getting Mike Davis on your show? or having Bruce talking about getting the Great Lakes Barbecue Society up and running?

Dallas, the idea behind the radio shows is to have a regular program that airs "weekly" or "daily" and is centered around a certain concept. Just having Mike on once isn't the idea.

I thought about putting out the word to many of the "BBQ Associations" to see if they would call in and give weekly updates...still under concept development at this time ;)

However, you will be happy to know that I just taped a podcast with Mike and it will be posted in the next few weeks...he's a great guy!

There is a music show on NPR based out of New Orleans called American Routes. It explores American music in great detail and covers everything from the early 20th century artists and recordings to the current American Music trends and ties them together when appropriate.

How about a weekly BBQ show modeled after this music show that goes beyond the generic information in all the BBQ books. Maybe you could contact some of the old timers that are left that still own Q Joints around the nation and play back portions of the interviews with them along with patter from you. Showcase all the regions a week at a time with multiple guests from each region. Perhaps a few shows that showcase a particular famous place with interviews from local folks that grew up eating there. Then cover the larger comps and what it's really like to be there. The Royal, MIM, the Jack, the Best of the Best, The big Canadian comp, There is also some Tri Tip comp thats big. Hit the Road Food Forum run by the Sterns and collect potential Q Joints and greasy Grills all over the country. They have a book too. Have a show on Sauces and interview the Diddy wha diddy guy, one on rubs one on the changing face of American BBQ and how regional styles are becoming intertwined. If I had all the Q books and the Sterns book plus the internet resources you could come up with 50 potential shows no problem. Pulling them off alone is another thing all together.

How about getting hold of a few KCBS Master judges and have a feature called "from the judge's table" and talk about entries, likes, dislikes, worst food ever tasted, best, etc.

How about a show devoted to catering. Lot of room and latitude here for discussion including menus, side dishes, billing, experiences, health nazis, equipment, etc.

How about another devoted to cookers and limiting it to tech type stuff and keep the personal opinions out of it. Or even one from different types of smokers...one for Pellet feeders, WSM, offsets, etc. Could even discuss gas grills and fuel sources.

How about a show dedicated to bbq information on the web. Unlimited potential for those that have no ego.

There are four solid ones for you. If you wish to talk about my pit after I get it we can certainly arrange that.

No way dudes, I've got a great concept...I'm going to
give my impressions of the teams on The Great Race.
It will be riveting radio.

Captain Morgan said:
No way dudes, I've got a great concept...I'm going to
give my impressions of the teams on The Great Race.
It will be riveting radio.

You were making fun of me right there...weren't you!!??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom