Primo XL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Going to bring it home tomorrow. Got the cart with stainless shelf's on the sides too. I'm a happy camper. That puppy will be chained down in the locked garage. :LOL: This one is not going to get away!

Pigs

go ahead and order the Coltronics gasket now... you'll fry the felt one the first pizza you decide to do

Primo makes a great smoker/grill. I love mine. using the firebox divider is great for reverse sear method of steaks and chops.

Let me know if you need any help

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
honcho said:
Pigs, is that the one Val won at the oink ???
Congrats to you n HER

Yes. I can only hope she let's me use it. :LOL: I'm sure she won't let me near it till the snow starts to fly.

Pigs

Griff said it already did in the north,
So whats for dinner, You O her,,,,

Pig's do yourself a favor and sell it NOW. Enough said. I can say that from lots of experience cooking on both the XL and Jr, sell it fast and buy a couple Webers and bank the rest of the money!

I can't wait till he has a big fireball when cooking and burns half his stach off...
I think the local 5-O will probably drop it

"Dude I was cooking so venison back straps and BOOM the next thing I knew I was on FIRE"

Larry Wolfe said:
Pig's do yourself a favor and sell it NOW. Enough said. I can say that from lots of experience cooking on both the XL and Jr, sell it fast and buy a couple Webers and bank the rest of the money!

You say that after YOU sold me one.... :evil:

Don't listen to him Pigs... they are good cookers.. Larry just didn't know how to use it.

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2c3txdx7]Pig's do yourself a favor and sell it NOW. Enough said. I can say that from lots of experience cooking on both the XL and Jr, sell it fast and buy a couple Webers and bank the rest of the money!

You say that after YOU sold me one.... :evil:

Don't listen to him Pigs... they are good cookers.. Larry just didn't know how to use it.[/quote:2c3txdx7]

Do car salesmen love or drive the cars they sell??

They are NOT GOOD cookers IMO.

My Number of Reasons to support my opinion.

#1 They cook uneven
#2 They cook more like an oven
#3 They can and will break (firebox specifically)
#4 The lids WILL, DO AND HAVE come out of the bracket and surprise, they shattered
#5 The can 'seize' shut due to the gasket melting
#6 The firebox divider in alot of cases expands due to the heat and breaks the firebox
#7 They are top heavy and WILL tip over and breakwith the nest set up
#8 The Stainless Steel Side Tables are not straight on ANY Primo and they're flimsy for the $ you pay for them.
#9 It is recommended by almost all owners to buy a cotronics gasket because the Primo Stock Gasket is CRAP. I replaced them on each grill 5 times or more. The cotronics gaskets contain asbestos and are NOT food safe. Why would you want to buy a $1,000+ grill and have to buy an after market gasket? Shouldn't it come with a better gasket? Would you buy a Corvette with a V-6?
#10 They are heavy and very impractical to relocate if you need to.
#11 The wheels do and WILL break off at the bolt when you're rolling, therefore tipping over and smashing. I 'think' this happened to Ron Beaux or something similar.
#12 Everything is an optional accessory....Would you buy an oven with one rack and want to buy a second one at additional cost?
#13 The porcelain coating on the grates chips after a couple cooks.
#14 Welds pop loose on the grates.
#15 Doesn't hold temps nearly as good as a WSM, even with a Guru.

So if you want to spend over $1,000.00 for one of these with all of these issues, more power to you!

I'll spend $299 for another WSM without the worry of any of the above mentioned problems and GET EVERYTHING I need for the cooker with that $299 without having to spend another $200-$500 in accessories, some that you really must have in order to fully utilize the Primos.

A WSM will out cook a Primo any day of the week and give you a more Traditional BBQ Tasting finished product for alot less money.

Just my .02 on a Primo vs. WSM

Larry, I sold the primo I won from you a few years ago. And yes, I bought a couple WSM's. But my neighbor who bought the primo loves it. So it all ended well.

Well I can't get it home till Saturday :x . Bud with a trailer with a ramp to roll it up. The new rack that holds it is made well and wide, I can't see tipping it over, casters are bigger with a four bolts holding them on with wheel locks. Looks like a lower center of gravity also. Stainless shelf's do not fold down but attached to the outer frame work. Damn is that thing heavy. I'd rather play it safe. many new improvements to the fire box also. pic here to the far right. I like the basket on the bottom.

http://www.primogrill.com/products.html

Current offer is $1200.00 Val is in love with the thing and won't sell. Took four big dudes from the farm to get it loaded and dropped off at the store. Think I'll do the same just to be sure. Should have offered those a case of beer or three to bring it right home. :LOL:

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Well I can't get it home till Saturday. Bud with a trailer with a ramp to roll it up. The new rack that holds it is made well and wide, I can't see tipping it over, casters are bigger with a four bolts holding them on. Stainless shelf's do not fold down but attached to the outer frame work. Damn is that thing heavy. I'd rather play it safe. many new improvements to the fire box also. pic here to the far right. I like the basket on the bottom.

http://www.primogrill.com/products.html

Current offer is $1200.00 Val is in love with the thing and won't sell. Took four big dudes from the farm to get it loaded and dropped off at the store. Think I'll do the same just to be sure.

Pigs

No matter what you say, you just can't polish a turd! How is the firebox improved??????????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom