Primo XL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry Wolfe said:
http://www.primogrill.com/products.html[/url]

Current offer is $1200.00 Val is in love with the thing and won't sell. Took four big dudes from the farm to get it loaded and dropped off at the store. Think I'll do the same just to be sure.

Pigs

No matter what you say, you just can't polish a turd! How is the firebox improved??????????[/quote:g8u4t58l]

All I can say for now is "that's what I was told" This thread is going to the direction of foil, not to foil, sauce, and all the other bull shit related to time and temp with a pit. If ya like it, go with it. Let Val be the judge. A pit or cooker is NOT one thing, type or manufacturer fits all. Why are you hating on primo? I love the WSM and the 22.5 kettles, plus the old gas grill and a WSM smokey mountain. Gasser.
Do you get to try to go to every crazy thing at a BBQ shop? Do you just go on to threads that trash poor cooking with a product? Val get's to cook on all the new stuff that come's in and evaluate. She Been doing BBQ for over 15 years with all the kind of resources she have to. you? She is a registered food tecnition for years, plus food safty control.
What have you done? Hock, BBQ, Chicken, Pork , beef, Hock, turkey, product every where you can. I have a catering kitchen. If you can get around that your a scam. Not that your doing right, Good luck, FO!

Pigs

It's the cooker that knows now to cook win's the race.

Pigs, Take it it's free, and a good cooker. You took enough heat over this one,
You and me will do coffee soon Buddy.
Your 1 of the folks I look forward to seeing at the Oink, and Griff is another

First off I really dont want to piss anyone off but..We have the Jr and love it. Havent had any problems at all. Good food everytime. I admit that it is used for the most part for tri tips and steaks but it can still cook a really good big ol hunk of meat..
Everyone here knows the old saying "its the cook not the cooker". That may be true but a better cooker doesnt hurt. After the first week or so of getting our Spicewine, my ol WSM has moved on to retirement. I loved that little smoker but it just doesnt perform as well as the SW. The SW just cooks faster, and the meat/moister finish is better imho. If I only cook 2 butts I can have them done @ 225/230* in 7-8 hours. I dont know why it cooks faster, it just does.
But that is whats best for me. I never was too fond of overnight cooks for home food. I always felt like a zombie while trying to entertain guests.
I like to get up early " like this morning 4 am to cook a load of butts" and cook during the day and still be able to eat before midnight. Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom