Prime Rib: The Wolfe, (Finney?) and Almost Rempe Method....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DJ

Sous Chef
Trimmed (4) Big RibEyes off a 20 pounder early this morning, seasoned and started cooking ahound 8:15 in oven at 200*, hoping to eat around 1:00

Trimmed Roast & RibEyes
img_208456_0_a3cf76ec5924271997e225f48f076e94.jpg

img_208456_1_d8b2c4b7c465d0806253938c01fd5e8e.jpg

img_208456_2_7ce641644b0e3fa58c01ab146ed859a0.jpg

3.75 hrs in...at 117* on the heavy end....closing in!
img_208456_3_4fb2635108222b73971252a63f005b57.jpg

Finished, Simple, but Really Good...
Thanks Larry!!
img_208456_4_c290256ba201c6b07f6e31efdf616336.jpg

img_208456_5_b62f9ce86aa95cfdf39ab1163fdc08c7.jpg

img_208456_6_9bebf6fb975786e1e347351237382391.jpg

dj

Re: Prime Rib, Rempe Method

I have one question........how did a method that I cooked with and used and before many people knew about it somehow get named The Finney Method and now The Rempe Method? I did not invent the method, but deserve some sort of credit here....... :roll:

Bad enough Jim Minion stole my idea of lighting charcoal! :LOL:

Re: Prime Rib, Rempe Method

Well I know that I never tried that method UNTIL Larry posted about it. The Rempe method has NOTHING to do with steaks or roasts! :LOL:

Re: Prime Rib, Wolfe, (Finney?) and Almost Rempe Method

Hmmmm, sorry, but I missed your post on this cooking method..Never heard of until the PatioDaddio post early in the week, then as an update to that string, it was noted that this was the Rempe method from which I gave the credit to Greg on this cook. Now I find out you are also a player and to make matters worse, Nick points out that Greg has nothing to do with it. Geeze, sometimes it's just hard to get it right.....anyway, out of respect to the known players, the Subject matter will require an update...Whats a guy gotta do to jus get along.... :LOL:
dj

Larry Wolfe said:
I have one question........how did a method that I cooked with and used and before many people knew about it somehow get named The Finney Method and now The Rempe Method? I did not invent the method, but deserve some sort of credit here....... :roll:

Bad enough Jim Minion stole my idea of lighting charcoal! :LOL:

Kinda thought that might be the case....Probably where the Captain's Cut originated as well..... ;)

Griff said:
The Cap'n invented it. He just named it after Larry. :D :D

DJ, Please understand the amount of jealousy that these folks have with me...I am the one who invented this way of cooking...BUT...like with everything else, they try to steal it and rename it as their own. Petty people...makes me sick!!

GREAT LOOKING PR, DJ!!

Finally, A Truly Believable response and explanation. Thanks Greg for all you do and have to put up with while doing it!!
I do however believe that Larry speaks this as truth....."Jim Minion stole my idea of lighting charcoal!"
dj
Greg Rempe said:
DJ, Please understand the amount of jealousy that these folks have with me...I am the one who invented this way of cooking...BUT...like with everything else, they try to steal it and rename it as their own. Petty people...makes me sick!!

GREAT LOOKING PR, DJ!!

Greg Rempe said:

GREAT LOOKING PR, DJ!!

Oh? I thought Larry said you and Finney didn't know how to strike a match before he taught you. Maybe I misunderstood... :LOL:

Little known FACT: Greg helped Al Gore with the invention of the internet too. I believe Greg is also responsible for Global Warming, something to do with firing up his Klose :LOL:

Just as a bit of info that only us old timers here know ................... Greg hardly ever cooks. As a matter of fact, this time of year, his smokers are all stored in his attic! ;)

Nick Prochilo said:
Just as a bit of info that only us old timers here know ................... Greg hardly ever cooks. As a matter of fact, this time of year, his smokers are all stored in his attic! ;)
I've never met Greg, but if he can carry that Klose into his attic he must be one bad dude.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom