Price you pay for a good Butt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
This one will probably get 1000 hits before the end of the day.

Seriously,
I ran up to the local grocery to get some stuff this morning and I wanted to pick up a vac pac of Boston Butts. The price for butts at this store is usually in line with Sam's and they look like they get them from the same supplier.

They were priced at $1.59 lb. That seems way high to me. I may have to cook kabobs for a while.

I am going to have the wife check at Sam's today.

I have been cleaning my wsm up to the point were it looks brand new again after all the issues with creasote I was having. I have gone thru two cans of easy off but it is working.

Our Sams club has them for $1.38lb here. I catch them on sale at Harris Teeter for $.98 lb and try to stock up. Recently I have hooked up with a meat cutter at a local grocery store and he sells them to me for $1.19 lb. Just have to shop around.

1.99 is usully what I pay...99 cents per when they go on sale...

around $1. 50 case price from Sams...6 per

BJ's in Virginia has twin pack vac butts for $1.39 everyday price and Picnics for .99 cent.

Sam's is $1.59 I believe.

Ribs hit the roof this summer and had been $2.69 and now $3.25 a pound unlee you buy them by the Case.

Chicken Thighs are still .79 cents a pound

Brisket is high here in Virginia at like $2.89 per pound

Busch Pops are $6.40 a 12 pack
:roll:

Gas is $2.79 for Regular

At BJs I pay 1.39 at a local market Ill pay 1.39-1.59 it varies there from week to week.

Looked a few days ago at Albertsons and their John Morrell brand of pumped butts was 1.99...yes I think they had no picnics.

bigwheel

Well know if these whole briskets got fat on both sides you paying way mo than 2.49. Did you ever hear the term packer mentioned? Whutever you doing keep it up. I aint never seen a prime brisket. I thought they was like the Abdominal Snowman for a long time. Glad you got it. Somebody else got some the other day cuz they sent a pic of it. Yall are just too fortunant.

bigwheel

Bruce B said:
[quote="Bbq Bubba":26pmpgg5]
Puff said:
$119 lb.
Further down 8 mi. it's prolly alot cheaper 8)
Further down 8 mile they charge by the hour i think :shock:

Further down 8 Mile it better be cheaper that $119/lb.[/quote:26pmpgg5]
That price is for top of the line butt 8) ;)

Back
Top Bottom