Pork Loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Well while yall been busy being lazy boys and girls I have been busy cooking. Doing a half pork loin (rib end I think) on the Brinkmann Electric with mostly Pee Can wood and maybe some fruit wood. Just started digging through the small wood pile. Surely I wouldn't have saved any Juniper :shock:
Gave it a mustard slather and healthy pat down with the "pork" rub from http://www.knoxspice.com
Thanks to Mr. Knox for the evaluation sample. It has a good looking ingredient list and smells good. When it hit 140 gave it a glaze with a little Cattlemans Original sauce spiked up with Texas Peppa Jelly Hab/Peach flavor. Dang that stuff has some heat and good flavor in it. Thanks Texana.
http://www.texasbbqrub.com
Gonna take it to 150 to finish. Will repoat back on the eating results shortly cuz I'm fixing to go step and fetch it.

bigwheel

Naw...I was too busy cooking to engage in a photo shoot. The loin came out good. The Warden said it was "wonderful." Little bland on the inside for my taste buds but nice n juicy. Really tasted good when you scooted the slices around in the glaze and rub drippings. Think next time I am tasked to cook one of them critters and am feeling industrious will plan on slicing prior to cooking or at least before glazing so it get some seasoning on each individual slice. Guess loins are sorta like briskets in that unless a person shoot em up or play some other trick on em they all taste the same on the inside. A brine or marinate would prob have helped but it was sort of a last miniute deal. The original game plan was for the wimmen folk to slice it up and fry it in the house..but as the old adage goes...The best laid plans of mice and men oftimes go awry. Will highly endorse the rub and the peppa jelly.

bigwheel

Well the rub was some very yummy stuff. Thanks for sending it. Just watched your movie and figgered out where I erred. I shoulda poured that Peppa Jelly concoction over the slices instead of smearing it around on the outside..or maybe shoulda done both. Now did you utter the recipe for that chutney? I was trying to listen to you with Earnest Tubb on the Satellite Radio in the background and couldn't hear too well. You kin to JB by any chance? :shock: Yall are sorta reminiscent of each other appearance wise..level of handsomness etc.

bigwheel

OK I am back. Here is the recipe for the chutney and I will post it with the video as well.

Apple Habenero Chutney - Habanapple Chutney

5 hard red apples cored and diced small (sometimes I peel them, sometimes not)
1 small yellow onion, diced small
Short handful of raisins - yellow raisins may be better.
1 or 2 tablespoons fresh peeled & minced ginger
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/2 seeded stemmed Habanero pepper - could have used the whole thing.
Pinch Cinnamon

Put everything in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Turn to a simmer and stir occasionally for about 20 minutes.

You can can it or keep it in the fridge for up a couple weeks.

Enjoy,
Bryan

Got it copied thanks. Notice it also up there by the video maybe I just overlooked it on the first round. Them senor momentos is gettin mo frequent:)

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom