Poopie? - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
BBQ Centralite

Poopie?

Come on Greg, I think we need to open up the auto edit and tinker. I do believe that "shit" and "bullshit" and all other derivitives are legitimate parts of the lexicon which do not refer to anything to which thinking adult should take offense. We all shit, we'll Larry more than others lately!) We all clean up dog shit. We all cause, and put up with , bullshit! These are non gender specific, non sexual terms that we should be allowed to say openly. Poopie , while amusing, is baby talk. We are not babies!(well except Larry, Chris, and Cap'n) I don't know if it's open to debate, but I'm going to post a poll! Woodshit!

ps,. I'm not talking about rampant shit this, shit that use, but occassionally? Woodshit

Old 03-12-2005, 12:02 PM   #2
Web Celeb

Alright Woodman...I'm not going to go in to the lecture of how this thread would be negated if you would expand your vernacular and not use the "S" word...hence no problem.

I'm also not going in to the lecture of how, if and when you would like to discuss something with me about the board, it should be done via email or PM and not done in front of everyone else! I don't call out people I delete...I let them know privately something has happened.

So, with none of that being said, I'll see how it goes with that word. Of course you know how this will turn out, right??!!

Old 03-12-2005, 01:01 PM   #3

Jeeze!!! what's next? Fuck???
Old 03-12-2005, 01:21 PM   #4
Official BBQ Central Mark

Holy BatPoop!!!
Rubbed, Smoked, and Sauced Competition BBQ Team-
22 1/2" WSM, 2 18 1/2" WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
BBQ Centralite

Greg,

Can we say USC Game Cocks? (One word, no spaces).

Kloset

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

http://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

http://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:45 PM   #6
BBQ Centralite

Well, I guess we can. Go Gamecocks!

Thanks Greg!

Kloset

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

http://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

http://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:43 PM   #7
Web Celeb

Well let's see...it took exactly 4 posts from mine to prove the final point in my original post. How truly sad!!
Old 03-12-2005, 02:45 PM   #8
Web Celeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vom_Willemstad_K-9
*poopie* may just be the most powerful word in the English language.

You can be *poopie* faced, be *poopie* out of luck, or have *poopie* for brains.
With a little effort you can get your *poopie* together, find a place for your *poopie* or decide to *poopie* or get off the pot.
You can smoke *poopie*, buy *poopie*, sell *poopie*, lose *poopie*, find *poopie*, forget *poopie*, and tell others to eat *poopie* and die.
You can *poopie* or go blind, have a *poopie* fit or just *poopie* your life away.
People can be *poopie* headed, *poopie* brained, *poopie* blinded, and *poopie* over.
Some people know their *poopie* while others can't tell the difference between *poopie* and shineola.
There are lucky shits, dumb shits, crazy shits, and sweet shits.
There is bull *poopie*, and horse *poopie* and chicken *poopie*.
You can throw *poopie*, sling *poopie*, catch *poopie*, or duck when the *poopie* hits the fan.
You can take a *poopie*, give a *poopie*, or serve *poopie* on a shingle.
You can find yourself in deep *poopie*, or be happier than a pig in *poopie*.
Some days are colder than *poopie*, some days are hotter than *poopie*, and some days are just plain shitty.
Some music sounds like *poopie*, things can look like *poopie*, and there are times when you feel like *poopie*.
You can have too much *poopie*, not enough *poopie*, the right *poopie*, the wrong *poopie* or a lot of weird *poopie*.
You can carry *poopie*, have a mountain of *poopie*, or find yourself up *poopie* creek without a paddle.
Sometimes you really need this *poopie* and sometimes you don't want any *poopie* at all.
Sometimes everything you touch turns to *poopie* and other times you swim in a lake of *poopie* and come out smelling like a rose.
When you stop to consider all the facts, it's the basic building block of creation.
And remember, once you know your *poopie*, you don't need to know anything else!

A few weeks ago I smoked up a bunch of *poopie*. Most of it turned out to be pretty good *poopie*. Some of it turned out like *poopie*!

--Adrian
See how much funnier my way would have been!!
Old 03-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #9

Re: Poopie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman
Come on Greg, I think we need to open up the auto edit and tinker. I do believe that "shit" and "bullshit" and all other derivitives are legitimate parts of the lexicon which do not refer to anything to which thinking adult should take offense. We all shit, we'll Larry more than others lately!) We all clean up dog shit. We all cause, and put up with , bullshit! These are non gender specific, non sexual terms that we should be allowed to say openly. Poopie , while amusing, is baby talk. We are not babies!(well except Larry, Chris, and Cap'n) I don't know if it's open to debate, but I'm going to post a poll! Woodshit!

ps,. I'm not talking about rampant shit this, shit that use, but occassionally? Woodshit
WoodCusser, I am appaulled you'd ask such a ludicrous question! My new rule of thumb anymore is if you can't say it in Church you can't say it here. Seems to be working so far.
Those of you who already know me know my feelings towards profanity to begin with. There is no room for profanity in a BBQ chat room, and it is pushing the limit calling a pork shoulder a butt. That is coming very close to offending me.

Greg, do the same rules apply at Smokestock? I'll bring the duct tape just in case they do and I get poopie faced and start cussing!.
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 06:01 PM   #10

Hey I'll take the blame for this post topic. I have mentioned more than once my disgust for the Auto Edit on the site in several posting. And I do think I mentioned it to you in an email.

I know the site got WAY out of control at one point. That was kid with a new toy problems. Or you know how when you first go to a new foster home how you test the new parents to see how far they will let you go? You know, right? Well it's the same thing.

We are all adults (except for me, Larry, and Cappie)(okay you too Woodie... you little scamp). I think we can all take the occasional curse word.

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote