Poopie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I second your opinion Glenn! Let's not kill the goose that laid the golden egg!

It's the openness of this board that makes it great!.

I truly believe that most of the ribbing is good natured fun and should be taken that way. I have trust in the moderators that they can tell the difference.

Greg, Bill, and Bruce do a great job at keeping us on point when we stray but straying is half the fun at times.

Kloset

Except for the military, you probably won't hear more swearing than what you hear in a police department so I 'm use to it. What I wasn't use to before was the constant references and insinuation regarding certain peole's sexual orientation. I know it was all in jest. But that whole line of discussion and the other language and words it came with lost us some members and probably scared some others away.

As I told Greg privately and as I will share with you now, once you start letting some make fun of gays it won't be long before that first racial joke is thrown out there and then that slippery slope gets out of control. And you can't ban racial slurs without banning talk about gays. I didn't allow this type of conversation in the workplace and I wasn't going to participate in it here.

Right now, I also find myself checking this board before I go to TVWB, or others, because it is more fun. That was not always the case though. ROCK ON!

Sometimes on these threads too much is said and other times not enough. It's a heard job to try and keep all in balance. Just keep the shit where the shit should be and information where the information should be. We are all grown adults (well most of us) and really shouldn't need moderators, just keep the bs in the bs index and the facts and knowledge in the other idexs. A little control goes a long way! Remeber this is coming from an inbetweener!

Back
Top Bottom