places to eat in charleston sc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1237

Sous Chef
Me and another guy from my scout troop are trying to plan a trip to charleston this summer. We are trying to find some good traditional southern food places to eat at. A bbq joint or two would be nice to go too 8). We are on a budget so we are trying not to go to crazy. Just looking for good home cooking at a fair price mainly stuff we cannot find up here.
Also any ideas on what to do or see would be great too.

Thanks
Chris

Finney said:
Chris, I'll put you a list together. When are you planning to come down here? I can have you eating really good food as cheap as you can down here.

We are trying to get down there some time over the summer. Right now it looks like it is most likely going to be near the end of the summer.
We went there two years ago and it was a great time. Defiantly on of my favorite trips with my troop. Last time we did not get to try any true southern food. We went to few places (a pizza place, IHOP, a seafood place) but nothing we could not get up here. This time we are going to try and stay down there for a few more days which will allow us to do some more stuff.

Chris

Greg Rempe said:
Um, did you say "Scout Troop"??!!!! :shock:

Yep. Becomeing an eagle looks good on an application. I am not there yet but hope to be soon :)

Chris

seafood restaraunt

only 6 cars in the parking lot at 12:30 on a sunday shoulda told me something :shock:

chris1237 said:
Greg Rempe said:

Yep. Becomeing an eagle looks good on an application. I am not there yet but hope to be soon :)

Chris

It sure does Chris! Good luck with the Eagle scout project, they are lots of hard work and some organization will benefit from it and greatly appreciate it!

Bobberqer said:
chris1237 said:
Greg Rempe said:

Chris

Don't you have to finish Eagle Scout requirements, and project, before you are 18y/o??

Yeah Bob, he's only 16, I believe! BTW Greg, you wouldn't know about that, they don't let fags join! :LOL:

Finney said:
Crazyhorse, I would have never told you to go to RB's.

Why don't you guys ask ahead of time? :roll:

it was kinda a last minute thing, we decided saturday night to take a day trip to charleston

where are the good seafood restaraunts at that are inexpensive

You were close.... Out at the end of Shem Creek (which is where RB's is) is a little place hidden away from the tourists called "The Wreck". You actually drive through a neighborhood to get to it. Even then, its hard to tell you've found it. Jimmy Dengates (downtown) has the best fried shrimp and catfish at a great price. And there are others to be found.

Sorry guys I know this a little late, been busy with school a whatnot.

Puff said:
This might help. Plenty of info on Q joints down that a way ;)
www.carolinabbqjoints.com

Thanks for the link. I saw a few places on there that I am going to suggest.

Nick Prochilo said:
chris1237 said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":3thaif3u]Um, did you say "Scout Troop"??!!!! :shock:

Chris

It sure does Chris! Good luck with the Eagle scout project, they are lots of hard work and some organization will benefit from it and greatly appreciate it!

Bobberqer said:
chris1237 said:
Greg Rempe said:

Chris

Don't you have to finish Eagle Scout requirements, and project, before you are 18y/o??

Yeah Bob, he's only 16, I believe! BTW Greg, you wouldn't know about that, they don't let fags join! :LOL:[/quote:3thaif3u]

Thanks for the best wishes!!

Thanks for all other suggestestions I plan to suggest them when I meet with the guys this thursday.

Thanks,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom