pizza with wittdog's pepperoni

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
Wittdog sent me a dry cured pepperoni stick. The first thing I did was cut off a slice and ate it. Witt, you've got pepperoni knocked big time. I immediately recognized the classic pepperoni flavor with a little extra heat that I liked. But the best part was the full flavor that came through.

So I went to work on a pizza. I liked the way SS put down some provolone on top of the sauce and then the meat -- homemade sausage and witt's pepperoni.

Then I added green peppers, onions, more cheese, mozzarella and parmesan.

Here's the shot loading the pie on the egg.

And the finished pie.

Witt, the pepperoni was the best I've ever had. Let me know know if this summer when the fishing season opens up here if you want to trade some sausage for some fish. I can bring it to the Oink.

Man that Pizza looked great...glad you enjoyed the pep.....We can work something out with the sausage.....thats not a problem.

Looks great Griff, That whats cool about home made pizza. You control the quanity & quality of the toppins. Pizza palors often use poor quality ingrediants to make more profit. Top quality stuff like Ezzo pepperoni & Polly O whole milk mozzarella taste way better than Hormel & Kraft

It ain't everybody that gits a shot at wittdog pepperoni and extras. Some of us would lust to just see the recipe. Ya'll so mean to us other folks. Complain folks, we are being jilted, taken advantage of even.

UUUUUM, I haven't had good pepperoni since I moved from south Jersey in the mid 70's where I got it at the local Italian grocer that made his own - made his own cappacola too. Was Wittdogs pepperoni made from one of the two recipes on the thread in the cured meat section?

Very very nice looking pizza and ingredients.

I need to make some pepperoni...I think I can make it even in the summer with the unplug freezer in the basement. It seems to stay at 62 degrees when shut.

Yes the pepperoni was made with the recipe posted….the ingredients are mostly the same with the exception being I dry cured it so I used cure 2 instead of 1. Until I get my drying cabinet set up….I won’t be able to make more till next winter….I’m glad that those who had an opportunity to sample it liked it….or at least they said they did….as for more samples…you never know…check back next year….most of the people that got sent a sample were people who I’ve done “cultural exchanges” with…
Here is the recipe http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4629

Back
Top Bottom