Pit Talk moved from Links Section

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookerme

Senior Cook
What's this about BBQ pits by Klose making limited customising available,mostly lenghth changes? I heard they will make anything you want,now of course if it's really stupid and won't work they'll tell you,unlike some.
Well at least the name was spelled correctly. [-X =D> #-o

Klose...limited customizing??? That's crap and you know it. Before you start editorializing you should get your facts straight. I know for a fact that Dave will do whatever you want as long as it's weldable or bendable. I asked for my grate height to be a certain height to accomodate my size 6'3" so I wouldn't be bent over a short grate. He did...and didn't charge anything extra for it. I know he put custom features on Woodman's pit as well. I appreciate the fact you put the list together but let's be fair about it.

I know that...that's who my comments were directed at. Like i said, I appreciate the time he put in just not his editorializing.

OK Boys, welcome to reality! I stand by what I said. I tried to get Dave Klose to build a custom backyard pit for me and he wouldn't do it. I tried for more than a month. I got tired of the run around and went somewhere else. Klose will do full custom trailer pits but limited mods on backyard models. I wanted a BYC in 24" pipe and he tried to talk me out of it and then tried to sell me a used mobile and some of his stock 20" pits but never would agree to build what I wanted or even give me courtesy of a quote. So I speak from my own experience, nor am I alone. Many folks have been disappointed in dealing with klose. If Klose can't make money doing custom backyard models he should just say so and be upfront about it and not waste folks time. If you want to call BS on me try calling Klose anonymously under the pretense of wanting a full custom 24" pit for your backyard and good luck to you. I didn't want to slam Klose in my list I wanted to be honest and I was. When you spend $3500.00 on a backyard pit you better be objective in your choice of a builder and not go in to it like your rooting for your favorite Football team. I didn't say Klose sucked! I didn't say that another builder was better, I just told the truth! So David Klose will have to suck up his poor business decision of blowing me off and best wishes to everyone else who trys to get what they want from Klose!

Klose probably seen you coming.I just about had enough of Klose bashing,i believe there should be an apology! I think your full of it Zilla,and if you insist on bashing then i'll get some customers who finally switched to Klose for some very good reasons.I'm sure they can explain themselves.Now welcome to reality.

I never meant to bash anyone BBQmmm, as far as an apology, forget it. I also take exception to being called a liar. That story is true. I'll make adjustments to the list and remove my "editorializing".

Like you, I will stand by my statement. I asked for some custom features on my backyard pit and was accomodated. I had major problems with the delivery of my pit...dropped by trucking company...and was accomodated and taken car of. Second pit had damaged wheels from the trucking company and they were replaced and paid for the removal of old and replacment of new. I had some problems learning how to adjust the draft...Dave Klose personally called me three times to make sure I had my questions answered. I, like BBQmm, just get fed up with certain factions of people who continually go out of their way to bash Dave Klose and/or his pits. "It's as good as a Klose", "more bang for your buck than a Klose", etc. You pick 'em...you've all seen them and know what and whom I'm talking about. Bottom Line...It's still not a Klose. Sorry you had a bad experience with Klose but just as adamant as you are about your dissatisfaction with Dave Klose, I am that adamant about my personal satisfaction with him , his company, and certainly his pits.

OK guys, explain to me how my description (quoted below) of Klose pits was Klose bashing?

" Full Line of backyard pits with limited customizing mostly main chamber length. Full custom mobile pits"

zilla said:
Uncle Bubba

OK Boys, welcome to reality! I stand by what I said. I tried to get Dave Klose to build a custom backyard pit for me and he wouldn't do it. I tried for more than a month. I got tired of the run around and went somewhere else. Klose will do full custom trailer pits but limited mods on backyard models. I wanted a BYC in 24" pipe and he tried to talk me out of it and then tried to sell me a used mobile and some of his stock 20" pits but never would agree to build what I wanted or even give me courtesy of a quote. So I speak from my own experience, nor am I alone. Many folks have been disappointed in dealing with klose. If Klose can't make money doing custom backyard models he should just say so and be upfront about it and not waste folks time. If you want to call BS on me try calling Klose anonymously under the pretense of wanting a full custom 24" pit for your backyard and good luck to you. I didn't want to slam Klose in my list I wanted to be honest and I was. When you spend $3500.00 on a backyard pit you better be objective in your choice of a builder and not go in to it like your rooting for your favorite Football team. I didn't say Klose sucked! I didn't say that another builder was better, I just told the truth! So David Klose will have to suck up his poor business decision of blowing me off and best wishes to everyone else who trys to get what they want from Klose!

The above is bashin,i don't believe any of it happened.
The stuff you corrected about Klose and his limited customising was just inacurate disinformation. :eek: or accurate disinformation.I ain't sure.

Hey Kaz you jackass! You accused me of bashing Klose by posting my experience with him and then become a royal asshole in the process. Ya know what? All you Klose sycophants need to get your nose out of DKs ass and get a grip! Believe what you want, I was only trying to help in making that list. I'm done with this discussion Kaz. Go pick somebody elses bones!

BBQmmmmm is KAZ?????? I'm shocked! Actually him and Bubba in a cage match vs. Zilla and Kirk would be a good one! I have to say, that knowing what I know about both companies, I believe Zilla. This whole thing is a moot point. ya'll never agree anyway! Woody

zilla said:
I never meant to bash anyone BBQmmm, as far as an apology, forget it. I also take exception to being called a liar. That story is true. I'll make adjustments to the list and remove my "editorializing".

Well i see your apology wuz removed!And now this whole thread is back,after i insisted it be removed,hmmmmm guess Rempeee changed his mind.

I'm with zilla on this one. It seemed I couldn't give my money to DK. Keep tryin to discourage mods and make them seem unneccesary. I have almost the same pit as Zilla in 20" and a little longer main which made it a "custom pit" not some floor model sold to the local cattle. I don't like people telling how to spend my money on my pit so I went to a place that would do it like I wanted and not what they thought I needed. I was so satisfied with my first purchase I am waiting to go get me a "custom mobile pit" built the way I wanted it. Just my buck .05

BBQmmm said:
zilla said:

Well i see your apology wuz removed!And now this whole thread is back,after i insisted it be removed,hmmmmm guess Rempeee changed his mind.
After YOU insisted it be removed? Am I missing something here? :grin:

Yeah you probably helped recreating these posts after they were all deleted,ask yourself what your missing [-X =D>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom