Pinging Griff..and other smart folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Well I had my broth all ready for the "fresh" black eyed peas from Wally World....then when I dumped the 4 cartons of Melissa brand from LA... I immediately got a whiff which both the warden and I both described as MUSTY...sorta a cross twixt fresh Alfalfa Staccybackious mold and Baby *hit yeller all mixed together. Whut do you reckon is up with that? It seems to be dissapting some as it as it cools but nearly think Im gonna have to award myself the DAL trophy and this be between me and a former yankee? Do anybody know about this kinda stuff? The warden claims the odor is declining but I just got a big whiff of it a while ago and it still smells the same to me. How come yall want to play tricks on uncle bigwheel?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I had my broth all ready for the "fresh" black eyed peas from Wally World....then when I dumped the 4 cartons of Melissa brand from LA... I immediately got a whiff which both the warden and I both described as MUSTY...sorta a cross twixt fresh Alfalfa Staccybackious mold and Baby *hit yeller all mixed together. Whut do you reckon is up with that? It seems to be dissapting some as it as it cools but nearly think Im gonna have to award myself the DAL trophy and this be between me and a former yankee? Do anybody know about this kinda stuff? The warden claims the odor is declining but I just got a big whiff of it a while ago and it still smells the same to me. How come yall want to play tricks on uncle bigwheel?

bigwheel

If you've ever been around a farm...The smell of cow sh** seems to go away after awhile, but it's always there.

They may just be outgassing .... like a newly laid down carpet.
:roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well know whut you mean about getting used to them smells. I seen them fellas from the rendering plant come and sit down on a big bloated cow to eat lunch..don't even get me started on my neighbor who worked at the feed lot and get us dead cows to use for coyote hunting. Them coyotes are sorta like wimmen..they start eating on the coola and work their way up. Feedlots are purty rank. The warden has pronounced the peas fitting and nearly all the odd smells as gone away. If she brings me any mo fresh ones when I tell her to bring dry ones...she will be punished. Rest assured.

bigwheel

Thanks JB...that swimming pool water looking purty green. Reckon it still be ok? The stink never did go outta them peas. I wrote off a scathing complaint to the company. Now they prob send me some mo stinky peas to take the place of the others.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom