Pinging Griff..and other smart folks - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

Pinging Griff..and other smart folks

Well I had my broth all ready for the "fresh" black eyed peas from Wally World....then when I dumped the 4 cartons of Melissa brand from LA... I immediately got a whiff which both the warden and I both described as MUSTY...sorta a cross twixt fresh Alfalfa Staccybackious mold and Baby *hit yeller all mixed together. Whut do you reckon is up with that? It seems to be dissapting some as it as it cools but nearly think Im gonna have to award myself the DAL trophy and this be between me and a former yankee? Do anybody know about this kinda stuff? The warden claims the odor is declining but I just got a big whiff of it a while ago and it still smells the same to me. How come yall want to play tricks on uncle bigwheel?

bigwheel

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Master of All

Re: Pinging Griff..and other smart folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Well I had my broth all ready for the "fresh" black eyed peas from Wally World....then when I dumped the 4 cartons of Melissa brand from LA... I immediately got a whiff which both the warden and I both described as MUSTY...sorta a cross twixt fresh Alfalfa Staccybackious mold and Baby *hit yeller all mixed together. Whut do you reckon is up with that? It seems to be dissapting some as it as it cools but nearly think Im gonna have to award myself the DAL trophy and this be between me and a former yankee? Do anybody know about this kinda stuff? The warden claims the odor is declining but I just got a big whiff of it a while ago and it still smells the same to me. How come yall want to play tricks on uncle bigwheel?

bigwheel
If you've ever been around a farm...The smell of cow sh** seems to go away after awhile, but it's always there.

They may just be outgassing .... like a newly laid down carpet.

Weber Smokey Joe Gold ?

Weber Grill Decency Agent # KTL9352
ScottyDaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:04 PM   #3

I have no clue but make it a practice not to eat things that smell like what you described.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 PM   #4

Well know whut you mean about getting used to them smells. I seen them fellas from the rendering plant come and sit down on a big bloated cow to eat lunch..don't even get me started on my neighbor who worked at the feed lot and get us dead cows to use for coyote hunting. Them coyotes are sorta like wimmen..they start eating on the coola and work their way up. Feedlots are purty rank. The warden has pronounced the peas fitting and nearly all the odd smells as gone away. If she brings me any mo fresh ones when I tell her to bring dry ones...she will be punished. Rest assured.

bigwheel
Old 01-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #5

Hey BW just drink swimin pool water for a week, yall be ok then
Yes beer qualifies as an appetizer

BOY!

http://www.youtube.com/user/007bondjb
007bond-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #6

Thanks JB...that swimming pool water looking purty green. Reckon it still be ok? The stink never did go outta them peas. I wrote off a scathing complaint to the company. Now they prob send me some mo stinky peas to take the place of the others.

bigwheel