Pig bones on an R2D2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Ok I got big plans for Sat which entails cooking 2 racks of pork spare ribs on my trusty electric Brinkmann water smoker. It's been years since I have sunk low enough to mistreat ribs in such a shabby fashion so I need a strategy. Whut is the ultimate way to load them thangs on there? I prefer laid flat and meat side down on a mo bigga pit but aferred the spares would get burnt on the ends where they stick over the edges of the water pan etc. Do anybody know about this kinda bizness? Thanks.

bigwheel

Never tried it, but have seen some rolled with good results. If doing it, I'd try a loose roll instead of tight like the pics I've seen.
dj

Ribs tips pointing down. If they char a bit, no great loss. :roll: Or smoke 'em up a head of time and only reheat on the electrified ECB. And there is always the Texas Crutch :LOL: Best of luck on the cook Jeff. 8)

I myself would really just like to see some pics of this cook.
Father may I? :prayer:
Far as one of those 'lectric cookers. I has one in my garage. Believe it's a Brink. Been sitting there quite a while. I should check to see what has taken up residence in it.

Well thanks for them tips. Believe I will swing over to the rolled scenario and also special thanks to them who offered up alternant idears. Seems like I tried that on my Snnp once upon a time. Tips down for me. Now whut be the best way to fasten the ends? Or maybe it be best to tie a string or two around the whole bundle as is the custom of some on roasts etc?

bigwheel

Well go run off the rats and dirt daubers outta that fine cooker wasting away in the garage. I think mine is the greatest invention since sliced bread. If their is something it cant cook well I aint bumped into the critter yet. It makes show quality briskets and pushed pork. Best turkey and pork loin you ever ate. Now I would not want to torture a poor chicken to death in it. I like to cook them so fast that their eyes still be blinking when the thigh hits 175. We are fixing to find out how it does on ribs (if the Lord's willing of course). I like it so good I went and bought another electric but total different concept. Mo along the lines of a po folks Cookshack or Smokin Tex. Aint got around to using that one yet.

bigwheel

Puff said:
I myself would really just like to see some pics of this cook.
Father may I? :prayer:
Far as one of those 'lectric cookers. I has one in my garage. Believe it's a Brink. Been sitting there quite a while. I should check to see what has taken up residence in it.

Hmmm well I had a rib rack but think I gave it away. It always made me mad. Thanks for the tip.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom