Picnic bone ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Can I give my dog the picnic bone?.... I know i just saw some flavored ones at the store the other day.....Please correct me if Im wrong. Thanks.

I give them to mine all the time without a problem. Course, one of my dogs is mostly wolf, so she can eat just about anything. I remember one time we were walking her and she got into a pile of chicken bones some one left next to a picnic table at the park. DIdn't even phase her!!!

I have given my dog both picnic and butt bones with no ill effects. Basically you want to stay away from 'splintering bones', (ie., poultry leg and thigh bones). Truth be told, you can give your dog chicken breast bones.......just not the leg or thigh bones.

Unity said:
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
I gave my dog pork bones all the time.
This would be your late dog? :shock:

--John
Long time ago John. (20 years or so?) Had to give him to a pal after divorce court. Damn, I lost it all. Evan the dog on that deal! Should have had Griff on the job. ;)

Pigs
Who has my saint Val now! :D

dollarbill said:
Uncle Bubba said:
Woodman's dog always gives him his bone. :shock:

Nothin like pickin a guy up and slammin him straight to the ground when hes not around. :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Even when Woodman is around, guys pick him up and slam him on the ground..........he likes it, after all he goes to Texas once a year for it to happen!

Well I had a bad expurience in giving about half a picnic to the Rotty one time. He was aferred the chewawas was gonna try to get it so he started barking and would not shut up. By this time it was about 4 AM and figgered somebody gonna send some po dumb cop out on a barking dawg call..so I decides to go out in my FIL's to take the meat away from the Rotty. Whew..that sucker turned into Cujo and try to make me think he was gonna rip my throat out if I touched the bone. I don't think he woulda but he sure seemed sincere about it. Only thang I can figger to do is go in the house and get the rechargeable SS flashlight which can be used for heating coffee and giving skull fractures. I started slapping him smartly across the teeth with it a few times..then reached and grabbed the bone and threw it over the fence right quick. It was a close call. Now I only give picnics to small dawgs.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Only thang I can figger to do is go in the house and get the rechargeable SS flashlight which can be used for heating coffee and giving skull fractures.
bigwheel

I cant believe SS has a flashlight named after him. :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

hahhahaa

Ahh I get it. Lol..thats funny. Actually that stand for Streamlight Standard most likely. Sounds reasonable anyway huh?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Ahh I get it. Lol..thats funny. Actually that stand for Streamlight Standard most likely. Sounds reasonable anyway huh?

bigwheel

I actually own a 6 batterie type flashlight, although the batteries are dead it still works if ya ever need to pull it out! hahhaa

When my oldest boy was 'high chair' age I gave him a chick leg at the dinner table. I looked around some minutes later and all was left was a one inch piece of bone. No wonder my wife didn't want to breast feed him. :shock:

I decided not to give it to her. Shes the only dog ive ever had who like to hang out in the yard or with us/ the family and i cant afford a vet bill right now . 8)

Also don't give the pooch any raw hide chews. Eldest of the male chillins had a fine duck hunting type dawg who choked to death on one. Dang near broke the whole family's heart..sniff sniff. Now I personally didn't miss him all that much. When he come to my house all he want to do was swim in the cement pond and get the pool filter gunked up with hair.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Also don't give the pooch any raw hide chews. Eldest of the male chillins had a fine duck hunting type dawg who choked to death on one. Dang near broke the whole family's heart..sniff sniff. Now I personally didn't miss him all that much. When he come to my house all he want to do was swim in the cement pond and get the pool filter gunked up with hair.

bigwheel
She did have a giant rawhide bone but it scarred her cuz it was bigger than her...she wouldnt touch it, so I told the wife watch this "I'll coat it in bacon grease - She'll love it" and I put it outside. the next morning we had ants all over. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Oh and the dog never touched it.

Back
Top Bottom