pickled eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I’m going to make up a batch of pickled eggs today. In a basic brine. (I hope, sometimes I get caught up in the moment and alot of other stuff goes in )Any thoughts? Or Ideas? Other than buying a gas mask for when they are done?

I made up the brine, took some things from the recipes pigs posted and added some beats and the juice. We’ll find out how they taste in about 10 days. The brine smells good, used a lot of the spices that are in Duck Soup, I think they’ll taste like Czarina. Just a little sweeter and with garlic. As always thanks for your help gentlemen. I might have to smoke more cheese and make some salami to go with them.

Dog, we've got the makings of a Saturday of drinking...I could stuff some cherry peppers with anchovies so that when those eggs start moving south, there will be a burn. Im experimenting with some sausage resipes to get a pepperoni type thing...Now all we need is some beer and a date !

Here's a thought, How about meeting up at my catering kitchen in fall and having a sausage blow out? Every one bring there jazz and work together and split it up. Sounds like a plan to me. The pit is right outside, Might be fun.(to say the least)

U can count me in. It doesn't get much better than that. :grin: Just let me know when. But why wait till fall?

I posted those recipes in the Ap/sides section. Hope it's ok.

Good stuff. Reason I prefer to do sausage in fall is that it's much cooler out and there may be some venison to share with ya all. So I figure we all can benefit from it. Hell I'll share, It's the way I was brought up. If some one has more than they can use, Ya pass it on so every one can enjoy! Guess it's just a "Old School" type of thing. But more than benefiting from working with friends is the fun and pure pleasure of doing things the old way.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Good stuff. Reason I prefer to do sausage in fall is that it's much cooler out and there may be some venison to share with ya all. So I figure we all can benefit from it. Hell I'll share, It's the way I was brought up. If some one has more than they can use, Ya pass it on so every one can enjoy! Guess it's just a "Old School" type of thing. But more than benefiting from working with friends is the fun and pure pleasure of doing things the old way.
That’s sounds good Pigs. I never did much with Bambi you’ll have to school me in the finer points of venison sausage making. I’m down with the old school thing and the pleasure of doing things the old way. My family gets together at Easter and Xmass to make my granddad’s fresh Polish sausage. All the meat is hand cut, no grinding. Your talking about a couple of hrs. of sitting around the table cutting and talking we usually do about 60-80 lbs. Some of the stories you hear every year and others are new ones. While I was away at college I thought about how special that was and when I came back form school I learned everything I could from my Grandparents (they had been making it for over 60 years together and my granddad longer with his dad) because I knew the day was coming that they wouldn’t be around and I wanted to keep the tradition alive. My boys ages 4&3 help with the sausage making now., They crank while I stuff, hopefully they will pass it on to their kids. My grandmother was the last to pass. She died last year and I used the little bit of money she left to me to buy my electric smokehouse. I think of them every time I fire it up. And I have been using it a lot. I’m the Sausage Makers best costumer .My wife won’t buy Polish Sausage in the store anymore (I think Wardynski’s quality has slipped a lot) when we run low it’s time to make a new batch. I cheat with the smoked I usually place and order for ground pork. If you find your self out in my neck of the woods let me know I’m always willing to give out free samples, half the fun is sharing it.

John that goes for you to. I work nights mornings work well for me. I might even toss in a B-fast with homemade Bacon,Canadian Bacon or Peameal. If your interesed pm me and I'll give you my #. It would be nice to get together with some like minded individuals in the area, Good Food, adult bev, and generally having fun & you wouldn't have to work out here the crime rate is low.. :grin:

Sounds like a plan...A lot of folks dont seem to understand that its ok to drink at 8:00 in the morning after having worked all night (or even if you haven't..Damn, I wonder if I have a problem..)...

The only problem is 2 hands and one mouth. The other problem I’ve encountered is the damn humidity, my drinks tend to evaporate. My neighbor says the best thing about having worked nights is you never lose your ability to drink at 8:00 in the morning. The other good thing is you can have either B-fast or Dinner at 8:00am. Gotta run my oldest has his first T-ball practice today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom