Peter Pan Peanut Butter and Great Value Peanut Butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read that on the air this morning and got 40 phone calls from
folks who had that peanut butter...it's being sold all over here.
No reports of sickness yet though.

not every jar will make you sick...but if get the runs or nausea, you might want to see a doctor. In most cases, it goes away by itself within a few days, but is dangerous for kids and those with weak immune systems.
A lot of my callers had eaten it over a week ago and didn't get sick.
You should know within 3 or 4 days after eating it if something is wrong.
That said, I don't even play a doctor on tv, so if you eat it and get sick,
go to a doctor. :D

Captain Morgan said:
not every jar will make you sick...but if get the runs or nausea, you might want to see a doctor. In most cases, it goes away by itself within a few days, but is dangerous for kids and those with weak immune systems.
A lot of my callers had eaten it over a week ago and didn't get sick.
You should know within 3 or 4 days after eating it if something is wrong.
That said, I don't even play a doctor on tv, so if you eat it and get sick,
go to a doctor. :D

Yep I still have that link and was listning to Cappy this morning so I went to the kitchen and checked our can it did not have those numbers.

I have a jar that my son has been eating on since December. Thankfully, ours doesn't appear to be contaminated.

Just checked the cabnet and sure enough, the wife had bought two from Giant last week. Lil'qer made some snack treats out of one jar and the other had this. We dont know if the other one had the same number but it was cooked into the snack.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Just checked the cabnet and sure enough, the wife had bought two from Giant last week. Lil'qer made some snack treats out of one jar and the other had this. We dont know if the other one had the same number but it was cooked into the snack.

YIKES!.....

I hope the other wasn't the same batch... at what temp and how long at said temp. kills Salmonella?

We had a jar of Great Value from Sam's - why can't I hit the number in the lottery instead of the 'Salmonella Sweepstakes'? We'd already eaten about 2/3 of it, but I trashed what was left anyway. I went through one bout of food poisoning way back in the third grade (that was about 1959, folks!) and I still remember it. (barfing emoticon would have gone here, if this board had that one)

Larry D. said:
We had a jar of Great Value from Sam's - why can't I hit the number in the lottery instead of the 'Salmonella Sweepstakes'? We'd already eaten about 2/3 of it, but I trashed what was left anyway. I went through one bout of food poisoning way back in the third grade (that was about 1959, folks!) and I still remember it. (barfing emoticon would have gone here, if this board had that one)
[smilie=rlp_smilie_207.gif]

Smokey_Joe said:
[quote="Larry D.":3kjvrytb]We had a jar of Great Value from Sam's - why can't I hit the number in the lottery instead of the 'Salmonella Sweepstakes'? We'd already eaten about 2/3 of it, but I trashed what was left anyway. I went through one bout of food poisoning way back in the third grade (that was about 1959, folks!) and I still remember it. (barfing emoticon would have gone here, if this board had that one)
[smilie=rlp_smilie_207.gif][/quote:3kjvrytb]
1.gif

2.gif

1959 :shock: ;)

The local tv news reported one sick kid with a contaminated jar up here. Usually you folks down in America get sick before the bad product makes it's way north.

Griff

Cliff H. said:
I have one unopen jar and one half eaten jar starting with 2111 :shock:
Same here, x 2. I heard the report on the radio and went to the kitchen to check. Okay, the open, nearly empty ones are 2111. Huh! Well, the new ones are probably a different code, right? No. :roll:

--John 8)
(Odds are that it's okay, but why push your luck?)

Back
Top Bottom